VOTE Anthony Seibold Discussion

Should Seibold be sacked immediately?

• Total voters
I was reading Wiedler on the SMH site ( I know he's a bit of a muck raker). Anyway he's quoted as saying "An investigation into Moses has revealed the methods he uses to capture talent – with Suaalii a prime example. Moses is understood to have called on three of his biggest clients – Israel Folau (who has now left the Moses stable), Cameron Smith and Anthony Seibold while trying to woo Suaalii.

He then goes on to say "Seibold is also said to have had two meetings with Suaalii and Moses while the teenager was deciding on the way he wanted to proceed with management."

Not sure what the go is here, but is it right that the Bronco's should be helping an agent to fill his stable? Unless of course the signing was coming to the Broncs. It all sounds pretty seedy though. And Anthony's influence was obviously useless as the boy gave Moses a huge swerve and signed for Souths.

Clearly a smart kid, would not fit at the Broncos.

We don't have a performance based 'get out clause' - Darren Lockyer.

So you give a rookie coach with a sub par record his whole career a 5 year deal to coach a young squad with no clauses? **** YEAH, bang on guys!

Last edited:
watch the interview ... Locky did not want to answer the question ... good chance he was lying, to try and show the faith the board have always had in seibs

Peter Nolan seems to have evaded a lot of criticism so far. As GM of football he’s in charge of our list which is a fucking mess currently. This predates Seibold to a degree. I think he should go with Seibold, with the rest of the football department.
If we're really being completely honest with ourselves, even when Bennett was still here the second time around, our recruitment really hasn't ever been the same since Cyril Connell passed away.

Maybe after all these years it's become clear that he really was the magic ingredient in the Broncos.

watch the interview ... Locky did not want to answer the question ... good chance he was lying, to try and show the faith the board have always had in seibs
Yeah I think that looked like Locky being evasive to be honest. If he has performance clauses in place I doubt anybody wants them out in the public domain to add even more pressure.

Chris Garry is claiming they exist and he's rarely ever wrong. I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt here.

What does Locky mean by this?

"The clause that you’re referring to I know nothing about, it must be there from a board perspective because if there was I would know about it"

Lying? Out of the loop?

We don't have a performance based 'get out clause' - Darren Lockyer.

If he is wrong and there is a performance 'get out clause' which he doesn't know about which I think is an important issue that you would expect he should be aware of as a board member then I would say Darren was a bit removed from the original selection process which appointed seibold.
I have always believed he was not too involved in the selection of Siebold and this issue, if true I think supports that view.

I would say Darren was a bit removed from the original selection process which appointed seibold.

it's more likely he didn't have anything to do with contract negotiations.

he was a part of the selection panel

it's more likely he didn't have anything to do with contract negotiations.

he was a part of the selection panel
I would have thought the selection panels job was to decide on a preferred candidate and at least come up the basic contract terms ie length of contract for a start.
If they didn't do this who did?

Oh he’s missing something alright...
Basically saying 'what he is doing isn’t working - and he needs help'.
About time. Maybe the corner has finally been turned and we’re on our way back.

This will continue every day until they get him.

Screenshot 2020 06 30 Damning poll Have Broncos fans had enough of Seibold

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
  • Painin the Haas
  • Griffo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Redux
  • The True King
  • Fatboy
  • thenry
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.