VOTE Anthony Seibold Discussion

Should Seibold be sacked immediately?

• Total voters
Just jog my memory. What was the last player Pies dropped for poor performance besides Jimmy the misfiring Jet, who pretty much forced matters by throwing his 4 ring binder of 'winning without the footy', calculator and pen set at coach's whiteboard before he was demoted?

I remember a few performance reviews, a pod of honesty sessions and players being put on more notice than a pollie at question time..but...how many uncomfortable, unequivocal (not wishy washy shuffling of positions) good old fashioned demotions to the ressies has Pies actually done?

Curious..and still baffled (perpetually so these days it seems) as coach has tied his fate to the very same cattle that can't be culled.. strange season.

Last edited:
Motion moved at Broncos HQ (The real one) - all those in favour of aiming for mediocre?

Press Release: The Broncos are pleased to announce that for now on, mediocre is the aim and this coach is the one to get us there. On that note, we are please to announce an immediate lifetime contract extension to our totally (at best) mediocre coach and board. We (the board) are mediocre and proud of it. Therefore, the Club has also passed a resolution to be known as the Brisbane Mediocre Ponies from hence forth until hitherto changed to aim for less than mediocre which will likely be the next step.

So we want to ditch Seibold because he’s unproven and hasn’t done much for Cam Smith, who’s never coached a game in his life.

Are we looking for a head referee for Brisbane?

Good or great players don’t make good coaches. Exhibit A, Freddy Fittler at the Roosters. Exhibit B, Wally on the GC.

Last edited:
So we want to ditch Seibold because he’s unproven and hasn’t done much for Cam Smith, who’s never coached a game in his life.

Are we looking for a head referee for Brisbane?

Good or great players don’t make good coaches. Exhibit A, Freddy Fittler at the Roosters. Exhibit B, Wally on the GC.
There's no way Smith should be head coach to start with but if anyone knows structure, it'll be him. I'd have him as an assistant for sure.

I don't know, Leigh Matthews, Nathan Buckley and a million other former star players have gone on to epic coaching careers in the AFL.

Ricky Stuart and Des Hasler don't go so bad in the NRL.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Manifesto
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Dee
  • The True King
  • Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.