VOTE Anthony Seibold Discussion

Should Seibold be sacked immediately?

• Total voters
I agree. Having confirmed that though many a time the simple solution stares you in the face and it seems too obvious that it gets discarded as being too reductive.

Often a failing group will also obfuscate and throw up a plethora of strawmen in an attempt to baffle people with bullshit. In a results driven sport/industry/organisation those For and Against charts and winning percentages do not paint a complex problem here.

It points unequivocally to abject systemic failure.

I agree with this. Thing is, simple solutions, often the best solutions, tend to work when the problem is identified early, and there is a will to find a way through before the symptoms get out of control. This then presents an easy way out - treat the symptoms and ignore the disease, which is exactly what throwing up a "plethora of strawmen in an attempt to baffle people with bullshit" is - avoiding the real issue. The question then becomes, why?

It happens when vested interests fail to act simply because to act means divesting themselves of their interests, looking at the bigger picture, and in fact contemplating that protecting their power and privilege may well be the source of the problem.

It's easier to create straw men rather than leave the straw in the broom and start sweeping.

Last edited:
Part of the Brad Arthur situation was they gave him time to get the dud and not worth it contracts off the book, and to build his team. Pies has someone elses team with a few exceptions and still needs time to get his players into positions. Thats the main difference between the two. But Parramatta did suck badly in 2018 before they canned Norman.

Part of the Brad Arthur situation was they gave him time to get the dud and not worth it contracts off the book, and to build his team. Pies has someone elses team with a few exceptions and still needs time to get his players into positions. Thats the main difference between the two. But Parramatta did suck badly in 2018 before they canned Norman.
Pies let Fifita slip under his nose, not great at building/retaining a team either it seems

So your saying we need to sign Corey Norman and then move him on and everything will be ok?

Hell no, I meant, that to bring Brad up in relation to Pies is a bit silly. He was given time to turn the bus around and kick people off it. Pies seems to have no say in what happens with player retention, or is that thick he can't do it at all. I just find it annoying with just bashing one person for this shit show, and it takes the players to be part of it as well. We know the board screwed up, that there are sulking players who are white anting the coach in ever way, and this Covid crap compounding the problems. Its like blaming Dan Andrews for everything that goes wrong in Victoria, He's part of the issue, but others are doing their best to f$%# up as well.

Bennett represented Australia. Any player who makes state and national representation is more than a good player.

Andrew McCullough says hi ...

Last edited:
Who did Brad Arthur take over from? Was he fighting nearly as much of an up hill a battle as Seibold is? Honestly curious, I have no idea...

I genuinely feel sorry for Seibold, because he really did land in an incredibly difficult spot, partly of his own making but mostly not. But the situation is now untenable, and even a complete cleanout is unlikely to make anything better. Just need a complete do over, offload problem players and the problem coach. And I think the next coach has to be something of a peace maker, and although I have my doubts about Kevvie's ceiling he seems the best option given the circumstances. Just need to ensure he has a strong support staff.

Last edited:
So he didn’t retain him. Thanks

and your GOD wouldn't have been able to either ... unless he offered him over 1 million a season ...

hell your GOD tried to lure him down to Sydney and offered him over a million to do it, and still couldn't manage to get his signature

Last edited:
Hell no, I meant, that to bring Brad up in relation to Pies is a bit silly. He was given time to turn the bus around and kick people off it. Pies seems to have no say in what happens with player retention, or is that thick he can't do it at all. I just find it annoying with just bashing one person for this shit show, and it takes the players to be part of it as well. We know the board screwed up, that there are sulking players who are white anting the coach in ever way, and this Covid crap compounding the problems. Its like blaming Dan Andrews for everything that goes wrong in Victoria, He's part of the issue, but others are doing their best to f$%# up as well.
Lol, it's nothing like that.

The entire difference between the current setup and 2 years ago is the coaching staff, so it's entirely on Seibold.

You can't make claims like he has no say what happens in recruitment to try to absolve him, are you even following? Every single person he's recruited has been someone he's had ties with in his previous coaching roles, it's bloody obvious he only recruits his ex's.

He's a shit recruiter and an extra shit coach and he should **** off.

No one is banging on much about Paul White because he's fucking off in a few months regardless, the only other two who have played a role in the destruction of our club are Karl Morris and D Lockyer, who I'd happily see the back of tomorrow but Lockyer can stick around int he football department if he wants.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Old Mate
  • broncos4life
  • Spoon
  • Culhwch
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Yem
  • broncsgoat
  • Harry Sack
  • Wendall Taylor
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Johnny92
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Brocko
  • GCBRONCO
  • HVbronco
  • Strop
  • Fozz
  • winslow_wong
  • Gaz
... and 73 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.