VOTE Anthony Seibold Discussion

Should Seibold be sacked immediately?

• Total voters
It boggles my mind that 'the Broncos' are urging Pies to hire this assistant or that assistant, like it's out of their hands.
FFS, YOU run the club and YOU can make decisions when times are tough.
If the club thinks Pies needs some help, then identify who you think that should be and then hire them. If Pie doesn't like it, who the hell cares?

It boggles my mind that 'the Broncos' are urging Pies to hire this assistant or that assistant, like it's out of their hands.
FFS, YOU run the club and YOU can make decisions when times are tough.
If the club thinks Pies needs some help, then identify who you think that should be and then hire them. If Pie doesn't like it, who the hell cares?
Better to let the coach do the hiring then it's all on him.

Better to let the coach do the hiring then it's all on him.
Yeah, that did cross my mind - it only makes sense if they are deliberately giving him enough rope to hang himself

And we all know the only thing the coach prepares well is his excuses, so don't give him another one.

If you want Seibold sacked, endlessly posting on here, voting on polls on BHQ, none of that will make an iota of difference. If any of you are shareholders of the Broncos or News Corp start agitating for the Broncos Board and CEO to be sacked for their actions and incompetence. Start dropping some emails to Lachlan Murdoch and management at News Corp, if there is enough noise, they will act out of self-preservation.
Yep its time the recruitment committee were hauled over the coals. Locky and Paul White need to go also ... under their direction the clubs performances and direction has been progressively worse. Coach has to have the guts tp cull expensive dead wood - MILF and Boyd have been at top of my list even before Bennett left and I was pinged at Benny not putting them on the recycling heap - now they are even worse N Siebs is spineless. The Board needs a good KUTA. LOCKY if you're reading this shut up with your medias opinions you have a conflict of interest and you can't give unbiased honest opinion - your too close your a like a parent looking at your serious problem child n trying to tell the world its OK - blind freddy can see its not.

Last edited:
My take on this is as I posted elsewhere. For mine, one of 2 core issues is we don't have any organization in the middle. I doubt Turpin has had enough time yet to develop into the organizing, game managing hooker we need just yet. Promising signs, yes, however, we need Luke to take on this role, and, it again shows what we really needed: BOTH an organizing half and the same in a hooker.

After Hunt left and with Macca not being the mid field general we needed, the writing started to appear on the wall and we are now reading that loud and clear.

Second, Seibold can rightly be criticised for keeping a shoddy defence, for not adapting to the new Rule as he admitted, but he is trying to play with the hand he has been dealt by the club.
I don't think the Broncos had any difficulty with understanding the new rule(s).

The 6 again rule penalises ruck infringements and the Broncos have always been amongst the cleanest teams around the ruck. The evidence is incontrovertible and the fact we are one of the least penalised throughout our proud history is there for all to see in the statistical data.

We have been getting unfairly hammered and lately, have had little luck or good fortune. If this punishment and misfortune continues by seasons end it will be evident the fix is in but ****, my logical mind just can't accept a 'conspiracy theory' explanation. Cognitive dissonance?

I don't think the Broncos had any difficulty with understanding the new rule(s).

The 6 again rule penalises ruck infringements and the Broncos have always been amongst the cleanest teams around the ruck. The evidence is incontrovertible and the fact we are one of the least penalised throughout our proud history is there for all to see in the statistical data.

We have been getting unfairly hammered and lately, have had little luck or good fortune. If this punishment and misfortune continues by seasons end it will be evident the fix is in but ****, my logical mind just can't accept a 'conspiracy theory' explanation. Cognitive dissonance?

Hey @Huge. I don't see where I said anything about any conspiracy in my above post. My point is that our defensive strategy of everyone standing back and waiting for the attack to come to us is simply not working and needs to change. If we defended as we did back in '15 and '16 then maybe, but we don't. The number of points we have leaked is proof of that.

360 were at it again today, and with Crawley there to help by doing his typical felating of Bennett they more or less called for Seibold's head.

Scary thing is, even if we sacked Seibs, there is literally no established or credible assistant at the club who could take over in the interim whilst a new coach is appointed.

Last edited:
Scary thing is, even if we sacked Seibs, there is literally no established or credible assistant at the club who could take over in the interim whilst a new coach is appointed.

Kearney doesn't even want the assistant job according to Kunt. That really is rock bottom.

360 were at it again today, and with Crawley there to help by doing his typical felating of Bennett they more or less called for Seibold's head.
Interesting that Kearney was never even talked to by the Broncos, did they put it out there in the media or did the media get that story going on their own. It is hard to know how a story gets going. But 360 used it as another cudgel to belt the club with. "Kearney doesn't want anything to do with it, he was never consulted".

Also Walters says he is willing and ready to help if the club wants him. The club seems to bite, then Walters says his Fox obligations make it impossible to get in the bubble. He would have known this before he stated he would help. Its like watching a Shakespearean tragedy with all the real time wheeling and dealing.

C'mon Huge, believe! The truth is out there. It's all a conspiracy. Our draw got changed from lightweights to heavyweights. We were the first team to suffer under the 6-again. If they don't announce a new Brisbane team this season end, we will suffer again next season and it'll will be announced end of 2021. Conveniently, many new stars will be off contract and looking to become the new superstar of a new club. Paul White will probably be head of NRL, or maybe new Brisbane club.

Seibold really needs a stable assistant with a proven record to help him along
And for **** sakes get a halves and defence coach
Richest club in the game yet we can’t even attract highly touted coaches for key positions

Hey @Huge. I don't see where I said anything about any conspiracy in my above post. My point is that our defensive strategy of everyone standing back and waiting for the attack to come to us is simply not working and needs to change. If we defended as we did back in '15 and '16 then maybe, but we don't. The number of points we have leaked is proof of that.
Oh no, no certainly it wasn't you talking about conspiracy. That's just on me and my thoughts about the sydney league Mafioso.

So it seems Siebs is more popular than the papers would have you believe.

The petition to have him sacked was put up a few days ago and it's only managed to get close to 700 signatures.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.