VOTE Anthony Seibold Discussion

Should Seibold be sacked immediately?

• Total voters
I think a lot of people probably wouldn't sign that as a matter of principle. Online petitions for things like this are pretty cringey usually.

I think a lot of people probably wouldn't sign that as a matter of principle. Online petitions for things like this are pretty cringey usually.
I tend to agree, but the young brigade are fairly cool with engaging with online 'stuff' so maybe that in itself tells a story.

spend 10 seconds on facebook ... i doubt people would take issue with signing this

Interesting that Kearney was never even talked to by the Broncos, did they put it out there in the media or did the media get that story going on their own. It is hard to know how a story gets going. But 360 used it as another cudgel to belt the club with. "Kearney doesn't want anything to do with it, he was never consulted".

Also Walters says he is willing and ready to help if the club wants him. The club seems to bite, then Walters says his Fox obligations make it impossible to get in the bubble. He would have known this before he stated he would help. Its like watching a Shakespearean tragedy with all the real time wheeling and dealing.

Doesn’t Lockyer also say his media commitments make him too busy to even set foot onto the training pitch?

Lockyer was pretty scathing of the team and especially the coach on that Qld league show on 9.

What is this Qld league show???

What I took out of it is that Lockyer isn't leaning on the rebuild excuse. He expected them to improve on last year so this recent run is unacceptable in his eyes. Seibs will see out the rest of the season at this stage and they'll take it from there.

They also won't undermine Seibold and hire any assistant coaches behind his back.

"Ikey can say what he wants to say and he gets paid good money to do that."

That was a good line from Sam. Ikin is a media tart through and through. Doesn't mean he's wrong when he criticises our roster management, but I don't buy for a second that he is any more genuine than Tallis when it comes to caring about the club's fortunes.

What I took out of it is that Lockyer isn't leaning on the rebuild excuse. He expected them to improve on last year so this recent run is unacceptable in his eyes. Seibs will see out the rest of the season at this stage and they'll take it from there.

They also won't undermine Seibold and hire any assistant coaches behind his back.

Thaiday is like a real life David Brent lol. Stop trying to be funny

I'm a Locky fan as you can tell with my alias, but Lockyer needs to take responsibility for his part in selecting Seibold as coach. Time for him to step down from the board with the rest of them suits. Rebuild Broncos' management team and board first.

I'm a Locky fan as you can tell with my alias, but Lockyer needs to take responsibility for his part in selecting Seibold as coach. Time for him to step down from the board with the rest of them suits. Rebuild Broncos' management team and board first.

Nah. Keep him, but orient him towards more a of a liaison between football and management. With an increased role in the actual football department.

I understand why he is there - he is the Broncos talisman. But he is spreading himself too thin with not enough experience.

So...
Quoting a story on Foxsports. Broncos should have checked Seibolds CV.
First head coaching role in Aus - Mackay Cutters 2011/12 - side missed finals finished eighth and ninth.
2013 Melbourne under 20's - finished ninth, 11 wins from 24. Mackay cutters won the premiership.
2014 assistant to Bellyache -eliminated first week of finals.
2015 Still assistant - finished one week before final beaten by Cows who went on to win the final.
2016 - assistant to Trent Barrett at Manly as defensive coach - finished 13th and leaked 563 points.
2017 - assistant coach Rabbits - finished 12th.
2018 - Bunnies head coach went to one week from final and awarded Dally M coach of the year.

Broncos offer 5 year deal.

Maybe we should have.

Last edited:
So...
Quoting a story on Foxsports. Broncos should have checked Seibolds CV.
First head coaching role in Aus - Mackay Cutters 2011/12 - side missed finals finished eighth and ninth.
2013 Melbourne under 20's - finished ninth, 11 wins from 24. Mackay cutters won the premiership.
2014 assistant to Bellyache -eliminated first week of finals.
2015 Still assistant - finished one week before final beaten by Cows who went on to win the final.
2016 - assistant to Trent Barrett at Manly as defensive coach - finished 13th and leaked 563 points.
2017 - assistant coach Rabbits - finished 12th.
2018 - Bunnies head coach went to one week from final and awarded Dally M coach of the year.

Broncos offer 5 year deal.

Maybe we should have.

Surely theres more to the CV before 13? 5 years with barely much success is a worry.

Last edited:
“The notion that the Brisbane Broncos were going to need a two or three-year rebuild after Wayne Bennett was sacked is complete nonsense,” Renouf wrote.

“The Broncos did not need to be rebuilt 18 months ago.

“After the side were beaten by the Dragons in the 2018 finals series I rang Wayne Bennett and had a conversation about what we both believed was a promising future.

“We shouldn’t forget that it was under Bennett that Payne Haas, Kotoni Staggs and David Fifita were nurtured and given their NRL debuts, and he was excited about developing them further.

“This is where it is ridiculous to say that the club needed a so-called rebuild because under Bennett the Broncos won 64 per cent of their games in his second stint, the same winning ratio he had prior to 2009. My question is: Why wasn’t that recognised?

Well said Pearl, I swear I've heard that all somewhere before.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Fitzy
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.