Should the Broncos make a play for Benji Marshall?

no i cannot put my finger on it but it was reported that they were talking to him and would be offering him a bigger deal than we have already - and if you think that that is not happening behind closed doors then you are crazy - I hope the young man comes to us as does every other broncos supporter but reality tells me that Stuart and Furner will be scheming in the background and trying to hatch a plan and an offer to keep him - remember they have already re-located his mum and dad down there for the season
Until the 13th round is completed I will be worried

no i cannot put my finger on it but it was reported that they were talking to him and would be offering him a bigger deal than we have already - and if you think that that is not happening behind closed doors then you are crazy - I hope the young man comes to us as does every other broncos supporter but reality tells me that Stuart and Furner will be scheming in the background and trying to hatch a plan and an offer to keep him - remember they have already re-located his mum and dad down there for the season
Until the 13th round is completed I will be worried

FTR, he rejected a far bigger deal with the Raiders to sign with us.

The Sharks should have some cash left over (otherwise whoever manages their cap should be fire immediately). the Bulldogs reportedly offered Fifita 850k so they must have some cash available and the Dragons would likely be very tight (especially if they chase Sims as reported)

I don't even know why this thread is even still open. Benji is not coming to the Broncos.

He wants a Sydney move, and Sharks are interested in him. I doubt Broncos will want to get into a bidding war when they have Milford coming next year...

Besides, Benji is over hyped and overrated. He is not worth the money clubs would have to pay for him.

I don't even know why this thread is even still open. Benji is not coming to the Broncos.

He wants a Sydney move, and Sharks are interested in him. I doubt Broncos will want to get into a bidding war when they have Milford coming next year...

Besides, Benji is over hyped and overrated. He is not worth the money clubs would have to pay for him.
Under normal circumstances I would agree.
But desperate times require desperate measures, and I'm going down the awful path of wishing Hoffy has an ankle strain that will keep him out of the team for at least 4 weeks, so we can blood an actual 5/8... :redface:

Am I the only one, who has seen Triple M Brisbane say we have signed him?..

Triple M also once said Broncos signed Smith, they were just sorting out a few details before they announced it.

3 months later, Smith re-signs with Storm..

The article saying that is over 48 hours old, and is complete nonsense, he's signing with Cronulla.

according to them we had done deal with DCE for this year and it would be announced after Manly were eliminated from last years finals. last i checked he still played for Manly

I think the general gist is, Triple M is one very unreliable source..

Pete Badel has just said on twitter

"EXCLUSIVE: Queensland club enters the race for Benji Marshall. Full story in courier mail tomorrow."

Pete Badel has just said on twitter

"EXCLUSIVE: Queensland club enters the race for Benji Marshall. Full story in courier mail tomorrow."

They will do & say anything to sell papers.

My Exclusive: (no purchase necessary)

It will be the Cowboys, but they are just wasting their time, as he will sign with the Sharks.

Last edited:
If it's the Cowboys, then they are just doing it to put a rocket up Lui. They know Marshall would never go up there, and if he did, he would never last. He needs a big city to sustain his big head.

He's been dropped for Ray Thompson so maybe.

Cows are looking at Bunji as a fullback apparently.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Santa
  • Broncosgirl
  • Culhwch
  • Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
  • LittleDavey
  • Dash
  • Organix
  • Fozz
  • Skathen
  • MrRobot
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Old Mate
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brocko
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Strop
  • Ejbroncos
  • Wolfie
... and 66 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.