Should the Broncos make a play for Benji Marshall?

Rather the juniors get a go or the more likely option will be a positional shift. Hoffman's injury is only a slight issue and I can't see the Broncos chasing Marshall over it.

The Broncos should make a play for Benji Marshall.

But only if I built a time machine to travel back in time to 2007 and he agreed to come to the club for the same price as Peter Wallace.

I don't get why the Cowboys would bother. Seems a silly move for them IMO.

I don't get why the Cowboys would bother. Seems a silly move for them IMO.

Agree, their 1, 6, 7 for next season seem pretty obvious to me.

1) Coote
6) Thurston
7) Morgan

Morgan is playing great, and Coote is a better Fullback than people give him credit for, pretty keen to see how he goes next year.

Coote is a great fullback, top notch but he is also a walking injury, makes sense to have another option.

Re: Should the broncos make a play for benji Marshall

I'd try to sign him on a one year deal of goddam sure, what would we have to lose?
You my friend are a genius

Re: Should the broncos make a play for benji Marshall

If he rediscovered his running game, he'd make a superb centre too. But it's kinda doubtful.
You're on fire! I honestly think you could be an nrl Coach lol

Interestingly there are reports Benji Marshall is looking for a new club since he has been dropped from first grade at the Tigers. I remember someone posted on another forum Marshall could link back up with the Broncos but he had no source. The reports have linked Marshall to a couple clubs but Broncos are not one of them. Marshall had a good stint with the Broncos but it does nothing for the long-term view of developing younger players to bring him back. I think also it would be a shame if Marshall didn't finish his career in a Tigers uniform.

The Herald reports that Matt Desira, Marshall’s manager, has been in touch with the Cowboys, Storm and Sea Eagles.

The Cowboys aren’t short of playmaking options but haven’t had much success in the post Johnathan Thurston era and could do with an experienced leader to guide the team around.

Meanwhile, Melbourne could do with a short-term replacement for Cameron Munster while the same can be said for Manly and injured five-eighth Dylan Walker.

When contacted by the Herald, Marshall said he had no knowledge of his manager’s actions to shop him around while Desira refused to comment."

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/a1e7e03c4f31596238d708b48f402e92

He is very level-headed now, he wasn’t always. Seems like a good mentor. Will be interesting to see where he goes post career. Would be a good halves coach to start with and who knows from there? Although, he is very charismatic and likeable so a stint on the media is the most likely go to.

Always thought he was under utilised last time he was here. Plus he dobbedd Milf as being a poor trainer.

The upside of bringing Benji back is we'll at least know who is putting in at training and who is still on the bludge.

I know - you only need to watch and read some of the stats to get a fair indication of that too, but at least Benji might spur some bludgers into action.

Oh for the halcyon days when players were so keen to play for the jersey they'd suit up with breaks in special castes or some would even opt for a needle.

Not condoning it, but it showed the high level of commitment a Bronco was expected to have.

Now - well now it's acceptable to stand around after being severely flogged to laugh and joke with the opposition who just tore you a new one.

If Siebold cared a rat's arse he'd be dropping everyone and anyone who demonstrated such laissez-faire ambivalence towards being soundly beaten.

The old saying goes that a fish rots from the head down was never so apt when describing the state of our club at present.

Yes we should definitely make a play for him, I was a huge fan of his while he was playing for us, he is a natural leader with massive amounts of experience

Always thought he was under utilised last time he was here. Plus he dobbedd Milf as being a poor trainer.
Agreed, I wonder though would he want to come back and have to deal with Milf and a culture that lets it slide?

Agreed, I wonder though would he want to come back and have to deal with Milf and a culture that lets it slide?

Exactly, if you were a player even with two options only at the moment, you would take the other option that isn't the Broncos and not even think twice. The Broncos have become a club where players go to die. They've become the new Titans. :(

Has to be a no from me.
If we got him (and that’s highly unlikely) it would be seen as a vote of no confidence in dearden and he would almost certainly walk.
Bennji was ok while he was here but in this case we have to move on.

Active Now

• unnerv1ng
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.