Should the Broncos make a play for Ponga

Oh, well I see a player who's actually comfortable with the number on his back, knows what he has to do, and also knows how to do it. I think he's shown more promise back there than we have ever seen from him in the halves. Hell, watching him there, it really feels like we have wasted 4 years of his career to keep a useless prick happy.

That's excellent that you think those things, I don't argue that he hasn't been good there, very effective against the weaker teams in the competition. I just think he's better for us in the halves and a pairing of him at 6 and Holmes at 1 would be excellent.

That's excellent that you think those things, I don't argue that he hasn't been good there, very effective against the weaker teams in the competition. I just think he's better for us in the halves and a pairing of him at 6 and Holmes at 1 would be excellent.
I agree with you about this. If Dearden or one of the other halves can take over the organisational duties that is our back three of the spine sorted.

I personally think something is just not quite right about him. Got a Jarryd Hane feel. Sure hes been great, but hes also predicable to smart sides. We would get much better value out of 2x players on 600k than him alone. Hes also said hes open to playing rugby again, too much a of a liability.

I accept your opinion, which I think is worse for the club.

Wow, first non troll post in history for you bro...

I also agree.

Yes.
Use the combined money from Macca and Boyd and chuck in a few 3rd party payments and we have got him.

We desperately need a halfback that knows how to guide the team around the field. If there is to be any major purchases, buy a fucking halfback for **** sakes. Havent really had a proper half that can take control since Lockyer retired which is pathetic recruitment from the club all round.

We desperately need a halfback that knows how to guide the team around the field. If there is to be any major purchases, buy a fucking halfback for **** sakes. Havent really had a proper half that can take control since Lockyer retired which is pathetic recruitment from the club all round.

There just aren't that many elite ones running around.

The elite is a tiny group and even then, two of them are retiring or leaving:

Cronk (Retiring)
Maloney (Leaving)
DCE
Pearce (club level of course)
Reynolds

Unless I've forgotten someone, that is it for the elite calibre ones. There are some decent ones but the gap between the elite and the rest is huge.

There just aren't that many elite ones running around.

The elite is a tiny group and even then, two of them are retiring or leaving:

Cronk (Retiring)
Maloney (Leaving)
DCE
Pearce (club level of course)
Reynolds

Unless I've forgotten someone, that is it for the elite calibre ones. There are some decent ones but the gap between the elite and the rest is huge.
We could have had a shot at Pearce, but someone didn't want that culture here.

Blake Austin?

Why? Broncos don't need another running half.
[automerge]1565163214[/automerge]
We could have had a shot at Pearce, but someone didn't want that culture here.

Yep well, it is no good crying over spilt milk...unless that milk was part of a good coffee...reminds me...I need a coffee...right now.

Last edited:
Why? Broncos don't need another running half.
[automerge]1565163214[/automerge]

Yep well, it is no good crying over spilt milk...unless that milk was part of a good coffee...reminds me...I need a coffee...right now.
I know it's not but you seemed to be making excuses for the club the way I read your post....You probably weren't though.

No way he’s worth 1.5 mil, I would only pay that for 2 players in the NRL-Turbo or Tedesco.

I know it's not but you seemed to be making excuses for the club the way I read your post....You probably weren't though.

I guess I was kind of by default. The decision against Pearce though was probably financial.

Ponga has more potential than Turbo or Tedesco IMO (and I'd say even Slater) but 1.5M is a huge amount of money. It's just going to inflate other wages further too.

Last edited:
Ponga has more potential than Turbo or Tedesco IMO (and I'd say even Slater) but 1.5M is a huge amount of money. It's just going to inflate other wages further too.

I would have agreed two months ago but tturbo is just godlike.

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • heartly87
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncorob
  • Skyblues87
  • Cavalo
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Midean
  • HarryAllan7
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • kiwi2
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.