Should the Broncos renew Hunt's contract

Should the Broncos release Ben Hunt?

• Total voters
he's shouldering most of the kicking blame because he does most of the kicking. if he didn't, he wouldn't. if milf is a good kicker, he needs to kick more, he either needs to be directed to or he needs to step up and take responsibility. same with macca. infact macca should really be kicking a lot more outta dh, he strikes the ball very cleanly.
No argument here.

I think both Milford and Macca need to step up their kicking responsibility.

Take some of the load of Hunt and keep the opposition guessing.

Attacking the try line hasn't been one of our problems. We have a pretty good conversion rate when in the 20m zone.

Getting into the attacking positions is another story entirely
Not against the top teams. That is where repeat sets and overall game management become crucial.

[MENTION=1928]Renegade[/MENTION]

Then next question, Milford actually has a decent grubber on him, So why shouldn't he take the main responsibility for getting us repeat sets on the line

Because he didn't drop the ball in the GF last year, so he can do whatever he wants apparently.

lol, swing and a miss, thanks for stopping by though!

he has had 3 years in the NRL to show the potential. he isn't the second coming of Andrew Johns. he is the second coming of Jarrod Mullen

Who exactly labelled Hunt the next Joey in the first place?

So I just read "should the broncos renew ben hunt" and voted yes...

then realised the question was "should they release him"...

Who exactly labelled Hunt the next Joey in the first place?

No one.

People have said he reminds them of Andrew Johns and he does. His running style is very similar.

But I've never seen anyone say he is the second coming to Andrew Johns.

Rubbish. Mullen has spent most of each of the last few seasons out and I''m sure even you can't argue Hunt hasn't been rugged and reliable in availability to play..

I think he was talking about Luke Brooks. Also I don't really think the answer is to sign Luke Brooks [MENTION=8605]mitch222[/MENTION]

So I just read "should the broncos renew ben hunt" and voted yes...

then realised the question was "should they release him"...

ywnyMFf.png

Short answer - No.

Longer answer - This supporter wants the club to start looking for a new halfback to take over. I have empathy for the way Hunt was used by the Broncos in his earlier years but I don't think we should be responsible for his entire career. I suppose I would be happy if the club were looking to go in a different direction to persevering with Hunt for the next 7 odd years. Milford didnt have the best 2016 but he's the future.

I (obviously) clicked the wrong option. No way do I want Hunt released. I want Milford & Hunt dominating teams in the post Thurston-era. If you look at our last two seasons, it has only been a Thurston magical play that kept us from a semi-final and prelim final. Of course the Hunt dropped kick-off is a factor, but that's part of the game.

I've said it before I want an experienced pair in our halves, who still have time on their side who've been through the tough years and know each other well as a combination to take advantage of a post-Thurston competition, rather than a mix-and-match pairing that have only been together one or two seasons.

I (obviously) clicked the wrong option. No way do I want Hunt released. I want Milford & Hunt dominating teams in the post Thurston-era. If you look at our last two seasons, it has only been a Thurston magical play that kept us from a semi-final and prelim final. Of course the Hunt dropped kick-off is a factor, but that's part of the game.

I've said it before I want an experienced pair in our halves, who still have time on their side who've been through the tough years and know each other well as a combination to take advantage of a post-Thurston competition, rather than a mix-and-match pairing that have only been together one or two seasons.
Yes. This

Foxsports.com.au has just reported that Ben Hunt and Milford are being offered new 3 year deals. This will see both halves stay at the club till the end of 2020!

That's not what they reported, the article claims we are "ready" to offer them new deals, not that we have offered them.

Well even so, at least it appears they may not want to let go of Hunt. It will be interesting to know how much they are planning to offer Hunt.

Contracts don't mean much these days people, we all know that.
Still, if Brisbane see their future in Hunt, so be it, I'll support him even though i have question marks over him, whatever is best for the team.

Last edited:

Active Now

• lynx000
  • barker
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Astro
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • Bish
  • mystico
  • Xzei
  • davidp
  • Manofoneway
  • Lurker
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.