Should we be worried for 2017?

I'm not worried. The RL season is very long and things change so rapidly and unexpectedly in this sport. The Broncos have some deficiencies but who doesn't? Still enough class in this side to be a contender come Sept if they have a low injury toll. Today's loss is extremely embarrassing but they will be a different side in ten days time.

Yeah definitely not worried after that game . Let's get to rd 10 and see how we are travelling.

There are a few things to worry about, but not necessarily because of this game. Like Milford not developing real playmaking skills, having no halves with good kicking skills, some questionable defence etc.

It is a trial game. Grow up.

I'm not panicking yet.
I'm not happy...
Not panicking though.
For mine.....
Its Wayne that needs to stand up.

Removed the "official" thread tag, please use the tags correctly.

As for the question, no.

If I wasn't worried yesterday, I'm certainly not worried today. It's a glorified trial. I'll worry about 2017 when I see something in the actual season that's worth worrying about.

Absolutely there are concerns. It really appears as though MILF an Hunt have never played a game together! They have been together 2 years but you would not think so lookin at that game this morning. Hunt is the worlds biggest peanut when it come to last tackle options!

It's basically a trial game half way around the world. So theoretically you shouldn't be worried.

But still a little worried as the issues the game highlighted are the same issues we've seen through a lot of last year. That's worrying.

Last edited:
I was 2% worried a week ago, that has risen to about 10% worried. My primary concern right now is Milford, I'm really concerned about his weight, I think it's just completely messed with his game being forced to add all this muscle to his body, can't understand why you would hamper an electric player with incredible footwork by making them add 5-10kg of muscle. It also looks like Jimmy has lost a yard of pace and added a bit of muscle as well, but he may benefit slightly from that, he did get rag dolled a lot last year.

Im not concerned at all, Bennett stated post game it was a quality game and that you couldnt get that type of quality in a trial here in Aust. He's right and Im actually quite pleased this rust was blown off over there instead of shark park

Yeah the bubble has burst a bit with Milf. Needs to recover that sublime form he had. Looks like it has become a bit of a grind for him. Not playing with the same joy and enthusiasm.

It's confidence and communication.

2016 showed the team does not have the type of harmony they had in 2015.

Opinion ?

Not because of their performance in this game, but we surprised the comp with our game in 2015. The comp has adjusted to us and we haven't evolved our game to stay ahead of the pack.

Hence why I don't believe we will do any more than last year. Run 5th or 6th at best and do nothing spectacular in the finals.

Just look at it this way, the roosters fans were excited after last years WCC and look how that turned out. These games are nothing but trial matches. It is just another pre season game to check out combos and see who may be up for a shot this season. I will be worried if we are 0 from 5 or or 4 from 10 in the real season.

No not really. I can understand people getting upset over our loss this morning though because no one likes to see there team totally outplayed regardless of it being a trial, round 1 or a grand final.
However I don't think it would have made a difference who we had out there for us for the wcc it was just one of those games where:
We were just off our game and below average
The opposition were playing excellent football and probably above average
The bounce of the ball just didn't go our way
50/50 calls didn't go our way.
I don't know what it is but it happens probably 4-5 games a year for every team where right from the starting things don't go your way and it's not your night. For me that's what you can put that performance down to.

If we start to string 5 performances in a row like that then you can start worrying and putting heads on the chopping block, until then just forget the game ever happened.

Also, in an atmosphere like that, taking the crowd out of the equation is vital. That went by the wayside five minutes in.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • IceWorks
  • Matheos
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
  • TimWhatley
  • Bish
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.