sick of it

You don't watch footy shows to hear about the footy either.

haha, yeah i dont watch the junk on ch 9

matty johns shows is a good mix of laughs and footy, and nrl360/sterlo show are both great.

Hasn't this always been how it is? Go back to 1993 when we're about to win our second premiership in a row and I bet it was exactly the same.

Rugby League is one of the most tribal sports out there and the media is no exception.

I don't know about you guys but i am sick of the media blowing us off. I find that no real time is spent on us on the matty johns show, 360 or mmm. They talk up the roosters so much its sickening. We lead the table and these guys act like we don't exist half the time. If we win they look surprised. It was good hearing gould give us a rap on the weekend. We are playing an excellent exciting brand of footy based on great D and just wish the boys could get a better rap for it.

Turn to the back 3 pages of the Courier Mail at any time from January - November and I doubt you will hold the same view.

Couldn't care less, couldn't give a shit - i'm sure the players and Wayne don't either.

Football is played on the field, not on paper or on tv shows.

FWIW I am still of the opinion I don't think we can win until Hunt starts showing some proper game management against the big sides - but I don't let it bother me in the end.

So true. It almost seems like some of the other top 8 teams are yet to fire (Panthers have somehow clung on, Manly will fire up if Foran stays, Bulldogs, Storm with Cronk, Cowboys are ever present).

I'd say our position on the ladder is massive overs compared to our actual prospects of winning the premiership.

Turn to the back 3 pages of the Courier Mail at any time from January - November and I doubt you will hold the same view.

exactly. saying nsw media dont talk about the broncos is the same as saying qld media dont talk about sydney teams. its a stupid thing to be concerned with tbh, and goes equally both ways.

So true. It almost seems like some of the other top 8 teams are yet to fire (Panthers have somehow clung on, Manly will fire up if Foran stays, Bulldogs, Storm with Cronk, Cowboys are ever present).

I'd say our position on the ladder is massive overs compared to our actual prospects of winning the premiership.
Yup, this as well.

We have a bloody awesome goal line defense and ad-hoc attack, but we still give away too many meters, miss grunt in the front row, and most importantly... lack control and organisation, especially when it comes to the 5th tackle.

exactly. saying nsw media dont talk about the broncos is the same as saying qld media dont talk about sydney teams. its a stupid thing to be concerned with tbh, and goes equally both ways.

Only difference being shows like the Footy Show, NRL 360, Sterlo etc. aren't NSW media. They're NRL media.

erm, well they are ch 9 or foxsports media with, mostly, NSW hosts.

Meh the only information I use NRL media for is coach/player quotes, stats, team line ups, injuries, or signing news. I could care less about some retired props half-assed opinion piece on the game.

The NRL must have the worst media quality in sport and avoid it all like the plague.

We have lost only once this year heading into the final 10 minutes leading and that was against the dragons. Pretty sure Ben Hunt is improving on his game closing skills. Put it this way, its a massive improvement on last year where we were coughing up leads consistently in the last 10 minutes. Anyone remember the Roosters debacle? Bennett is fixing up those areas of our game. Right now, I don't a **** what anyone says, we are legitimate premiership contenders. We are leading the comp by fluke or a soft draw. In fact, we had the hardest draw when the draw was released this year.

Beating Melbourne in Melbourne the way we did proves to me we can be genuine premiership contenders if we want to be.

Do we want to be?

I am concerned that we lost to the Dragons and Cowboys who are firmly in the top 4 - we couldn't get the job done against them, the Dragons game was a great effort, but the Cowboys rolled us and there's no excuses for that.

We are still a team in progress but I'm just enjoying the fact that we are #1 and when I watch our boys play, I can see that they actually care & are playing with heart & as a team. I've missed that since 2011.

Only difference being shows like the Footy Show, NRL 360, Sterlo etc. aren't NSW media. They're NRL media.

Well, so long as they spend at least 1/16 of their time talking about the Broncos, then that's our fair share.

I watch the shows hoping to see them wrap us but over the years when they do we dissapoint.. Loving everything about this year. Anyone who thought Bennett was too old is surely now eating their words? I'm hoping Hunt and Milf stay with us for the next 10 years. For the past 5 years there was no excitement in our attack and few trys from inside our half. Now we are like the Broncos of old. Flamboyant and great defence. Agreed this is probably the best defence I've seen in the Broncos history and the attack isn't the same as when Renouf was running riot ...We don't have that back that can score 4 tries in a game but it's true... Our Broncos are getting the Aurora back and I'm loving every minute!

Gus tends to be our biggest 'fan' I think. He has a huge respect for the club, how it operates, and generally rates a lot of our players. Obviously there's times he goes against us (perhaps compensating) but overall he's more prone than most. Sterlo's on the next rung, far less often than Gus, probably falls a little too often into the basket of Joey + Freddy who generally just bag the opposition rather than praise us.

I like to see us talked about, especially positive, if for no other reason than to get some kind of visual analysis for once. I don't lose any sleep over it, but it's a nice surprise when it happens

I watch the shows hoping to see them wrap us but over the years when they do we dissapoint.. Loving everything about this year. Anyone who thought Bennett was too old is surely now eating their words? I'm hoping Hunt and Milf stay with us for the next 10 years. For the past 5 years there was no excitement in our attack and few trys from inside our half. Now we are like the Broncos of old. Flamboyant and great defence. Agreed this is probably the best defence I've seen in the Broncos history and the attack isn't the same as when Renouf was running riot ...We don't have that back that can score 4 tries in a game but it's true... Our Broncos are getting the Aurora back and I'm loving every minute!

And let's be honest, who wouldn't want the northern lights on their side?

And let's be honest, who wouldn't want the northern lights on their side?

If you're going to pick at nits I'd suggest he was more likely to be referring to the Aurora Australis, not the Aurora Borealis. Unless he's from the northern hemisphere in which case you may well be right, or you're from up there so think of the northern lights instinctively.

Unread

Active Now

• The Strapper
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • levikaden
  • Sproj
  • jd87
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Allo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • Justwin
  • Strop
  • Fozz
  • Horseheadsup
  • Mighty Bronx
  • johnny plath
  • Browny
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.