NEWS Siebold chuffed with pre-season fitness

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Travis Meyne in today's Sunday Mail:

Seibold claims his team is fitter than Wayne's rabble after running with the QLD Reds yesterday. Mixed code sessions are kind of his thing having done them at Souths with the Waratahs and Port Adelaide. Says he's raised the training load since last year, when they were a "bit off."

After fitness drills they played games designed to bring out the best of both codes. Seibold is a big rah rah fan. Understands the similarities and differences.

As does Croft's schoolboy teammate and former Red, Izaia Perese. Seibs say he "was out to impress," and "could do anything" but defence needs more work. He'll be in the 9's and trials, so will be competing for a spot in the centres or wing.

McHunt

Last edited:
Looks like Seibold sacrificed his body for the team.😁

Already liking what I'm seeing and hearing about the team preparation for season 2020. Positive signs and I am very much optimistic about our progress and likelihood of vast improvement from this year. Keep the good news stories coming McHunt 😃

Milford clearly trimmer and fitter...

This is what excites me the most. I've been a Milford doubter for a while, and I still think he's being paid far too much for what we've gotten back, but if he actually starts the season at peak fitness and recaptures a bit of the form that earned him that contract in the first place, we'll really give the comp a shake.

I'm positive of seeing a genuine change. This is much more Seibs team than last year. The preparation is much more his, and far less disrupted. The job isn't done, but we are heading in the right direction. Parkers inclusion makes a big statement..

Ahhh offseason puff pieces are in full swing...

Love the Reds and Broncos training together. They can swap notes on underperforming despite having access to a premier talent hotbed for both codes.

I'm positive of seeing a genuine change. This is much more Seibs team than last year. The preparation is much more his, and far less disrupted. The job isn't done, but we are heading in the right direction. Parkers inclusion makes a big statement..
Hopefully!!!! Only performance counts.

Travis Meyne in today's Sunday Mail:

Seibold claims his team is fitter than Wayne's rabble after running with the QLD Reds yesterday. Mixed code sessions are kind of his thing having done them at Souths with the Waratahs and Port Adelaide. Says he's raised the training load since last year, when they were a "bit off."

After fitness drills they played games designed to bring out the best of both codes. Seibold is a big rah rah fan. Understands the similarities and differences.

As does Croft's schoolboy teammate and former Red, Izaia Perese. Seibs say he "was out to impress," and "could do anything" but defence needs more work. He'll be in the 9's and trials, so will be competing for a spot in the centres or wing.

McHunt

Here you go again @McHunt making thinly veiled claims that are untrue

Seibold claimed his team is fitter than Wayne's, yes, but he did not claim Wayne's team was a rabble

Do they ever train with the women's team? Never know, some of those championship qualities might just rub off...
I'd be 100% against this. The opposite might be true, far too much risk that some of our shittier qualities rub off on them. Can't afford to put our only team that is pulling their weight consistently at any sort of risk.

Do they ever train with the women's team? Never know, some of those championship qualities might just rub off...

No the girls are off working outside of the two months of their competition. Ali is still around because she works for the club.

I’d rather siebs doesn’t make too much of this. Our whole off season should be pretty much under the radar as far as giving pressers goes. Just say we are working hard, know we have a big job to do etc. we don’t need anyone pumping us up saying we are killing it on the training paddock.
The only thing that counts is what happens from rd 1 next season.
Until then I’d rather we kept our cards close to our chest.

Active Now

• Painin the Haas
  • Mustafur
  • GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
  • Culhwch
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jazza
  • Financeguy
  • mitch222
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Alec
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.