Silvertails.net Forum Logo Bet

For the record it was in reference to me having to wander in and make a new version of the logo (to include Silvertails). That would be the second time this financial year, it‘s too much pressure.

Making us defend an extra set to go back and penalise for something that happened 6 tackles prior (honestly, have you ever seen this before?)?

TBH, once (also against us)

we were playing the Titans in the mid-00's. Hodges does a dangerous throw on Matt Rogers, but Rogers actually offloads the ball. 5 tackles later they are 80m or so down field but don't score. so the ref runs back to the the Titans 20 somewhere and penalises Hodges.

I'm guessing because in his mind, the Titans hadn't taken their advantage

To go with us (think it was Roberts) getting penalised a couple of years back for passing a split second after the "held" call...hadn't seen it penalised before and haven't seen it penalised since. So random.

TBH, once (also against us)

we were playing the Titans in the mid-00's. Hodges does a dangerous throw on Matt Rogers, but Rogers actually offloads the ball. 5 tackles later they are 80m or so down field but don't score. so the ref runs back to the the Titans 20 somewhere and penalises Hodges.

I'm guessing because in his mind, the Titans hadn't taken their advantage
It can happen whenever a reportable offence occurs.... why this one was so odd is because absolutely no one had an issue with the shot from TPJ.

The typical occurrence is a half laying down in agony because they've been hit a split second after passing it or a decoy runner staying down because they were taken on suspicion... the intent of the player and usually the trainer is to stay down as long as needed for the ref to call time off, which then allows the bunker to go and check the incident and if there was foul play the tackler goes on report and a penalty is given.

In the TPJ incident red nut got up straight away and played the ball, because he didn't even think it was high. Play continues on the for the entire set until Manly knock it on from the kick and the ref finally calls time off.

How long did the bunker know of the incident before advising the ref??

If he knew after 2 tackles why not advise the ref then and there (manly weren't doing anything in the set)??

What if TPJ's incident warranted sending off but because the bunker allowed play on he makes a try saving tackle that he shouldn't have been on the field for??

What if TPJ does another reportable offense during the 'advantage' period that could put him on report twice or the second incident ends up getting him sent off??

Are they now reviewing every single tackle of every set to look for reportable offenses??

There has been no scrutiny on this one and I think it's one of the real unknowns hanging around under the new new NRL.... another way for the NRL to manipulate a game.

How many other incidents were similar to the TPJ one over the 400 odd tackles that didn't get called back??

That would be up to @Dannymh - I dunno if he hangs around here much though.
Pretty impressed you went through with it and my thoughts on the sin bin and rubbish that vlandys has made were pretty clear in my love blog updates that everyone seemed to ignore and not appreciate the time and inebriated effort I out in for those.

There was no joy in that middle period and this year's not been enjoyable footy to watch for anyone, even a win feels tainted and hollow.

You guys showed enough that on 2019 rules you would have competed and pushed us.

Anyway as I always do with these bets I'll be giving outs to @Nashy very early, in fact I think I already offered one

Pretty impressed you went through with it and my thoughts on the sin bin and rubbish that vlandys has made were pretty clear in my love blog updates that everyone seemed to ignore and not appreciate the time and inebriated effort I out in for those.

There was no joy in that middle period and this year's not been enjoyable footy to watch for anyone, even a win feels tainted and hollow.

You guys showed enough that on 2019 rules you would have competed and pushed us.

Anyway as I always do with these bets I'll be giving outs to @Nashy very early, in fact I think I already offered one
Mate. after a shit start to the year, you guys are flying now, you are one of the better teams to watch.

@Morkel FYI

music video mv GIF by Lady Gaga

Until you actually look at others, like Natalie here, and realise you've been wrong this whole time.

Nah. Don't get me wrong, she's pretty but not my type.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Waynesaurus
  • Pablo
  • Tmac
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lozza
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Nerd
  • Broncorob
  • Behind enemy lines
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • thenry
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.