NEWS Slow news day: Paul Malone: Why Israel Folau makes my Broncos team of the decade

Come to think of it 2019 Boyd was worse than any Maranta year. At least his damage was limited playing on the wing. For '19 we would have been better off with ol' Lachlan.

Maranta actually seemed to play a lot better at fullback, whenever he got the chance.

I guess the sidelines were too far away most of the time?

my point was that it’s troubling that Boyd is our best fullback of the decade.

Not really, he was selected as the Australian fullback during his time with the Broncos. There's very few clubs who can boast that this decade.

As it is also troubling that Folau and Yow Yeh are also very reasonable picks, as they barely played this decade.

That's the name of the game. Unless a side dominates like the Broncos were able to in the 90s, usually it will come down to one season wonders or big named players. For instance a Brisbane Broncos 2000s side would likely include names like Priddis, Sailor and Walters and that was in a decade where they won two premierships.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosarethebest
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BruiserMk1
  • Broncorob
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.