Smith Calls for Storm Premierships to be Reinstated

I don't think the NRL has come out and said they were cheating the cap either. Paul Kent recently said they were, but I'm not sure if he had any evidence, or if it was opinion.

How did they manage that feat? What was the method? Curious.

This has been discussed so many times.

They set up a seperate company to arrange third parties for their players to circumvent the salary cap (this is illegal and cheating)

The didn’t actually go over the cap in 2016 because those third parties that they illegally arranged did not actually get paid. So when added up they didn’t go over the cap.

Essentially they systematically rotted the cap but fortunately for them the fucked it up.

This has been discussed so many times.

They set up a seperate company to arrange third parties for their players to circumvent the salary cap (this is illegal and cheating)

The didn’t actually go over the cap in 2016 because those third parties that they illegally arranged did not actually get paid. So when added up they didn’t go over the cap.

Essentially they systematically rotted the cap but fortunately for them the fucked it up.
Ok. Thankyou. How much were they under and how much would they have been over had the arrangement been fulfilled?

Had just seen the Kent and Buzz talk on it, Buzz is the biggest spud.

I don't think the NRL has come out and said they were cheating the cap either. Paul Kent recently said they were, but I'm not sure if he had any evidence, or if it was opinion.

In Kenty we trust!

I feel dirty now

In Kenty we trust!

I feel dirty now

Funny how times have changed, I remember on some footy show that didn’t last long Kenty stopped short of saying the Broncos were definitely cheating the cap to Webcke’s face. I thought Webbie was about to knuck him

Funny how times have changed, I remember on some footy show that didn’t last long Kenty stopped short of saying the Broncos were definitely cheating the cap to Webcke’s face. I thought Webbie was about to knuck him

Yeah he seems more balanced these days

I used to despise him but now he be a'right

Perhaps you were mistaken. Try and find where the NRL says they were over the cap in 2016, at any stage of 2016. They indeed may have but I didn't see it. Cronulla may have cheated but that's not the point. The only thing that matters is the available facts. We don't hang people on suspicion.
I believe the fact the NRL stated "they were not over the cap on GF day" was a pretty clear indication they were over the cap for at least some part of that season.

How did they manage that feat? What was the method? Curious.

If the club offers you a contract with the promise of a bigger payday next year or the year after and that is the reason you stay then it's cheating.
Cronulla kept their squad together because of promised money over the cap then set up a company with the sole intention to hide those payments.
Cash payments were also made . The fact they were under the cap on GF day has nothing to do with it. They cheated to keep players they otherwise would have lost.

Last edited:
If the club offers you a contract with the promise of a bigger payday next year or the year after and that is the reason you stay then it's cheating.
Cronulla kept their squad together because of promised money over the cap then set up a company with the sole intention to hide those payments.
Cash payments were also made . The fact they were under the cap on GF day has nothing to do with it. They cheated to keep players they otherwise would have lost.
The first line is of course, rubbish. Every single club and most businesses do the same thing. It's bog standard. The old 'stick around and I'll do right by you' has been around since Noah hired extra labourers.

If they were under, they were under. If players were naive enough to accept promises of extra money then that's on them. Clearly there's not sufficient evidence to do anything about unfulfilled promises. If it was however in writing then possibly that would be enough. Apparently it isn't. I think the clubs administration has been dirty for years but no more or less than the rest of the Sydney clubs. I don't blame the players, not Gallen or Melbourne's Cam Smith or anyone else who has played for them.

How oft the sight of the means to do ill deeds makes ill deeds done. I will always and only blame the admin and that includes the fathers of all these crimes, Quayle and Arthurson.

The first line is of course, rubbish. Every single club and most businesses do the same thing. It's bog standard. The old 'stick around and I'll do right by you' has been around since Noah hired extra labourers.

If they were under, they were under. If players were naive enough to accept promises of extra money then that's on them. Clearly there's not sufficient evidence to do anything about unfulfilled promises. If it was however in writing then possibly that would be enough. Apparently it isn't. I think the clubs administration has been dirty for years but no more or less than the rest of the Sydney clubs. I don't blame the players, not Gallen or Melbourne's Cam Smith or anyone else who has played for them.

How oft the sight of the means to do ill deeds makes ill deeds done. I will always and only blame the admin and that includes the fathers of all these crimes, Quayle and Arthurson.

It's all very well to not blame the players. There is absolutely an argument to be had that senior players, and player managers would know better, and I am certainly of the mindset that many knew 100% what was going on with both the money and the drugs back in the day. But, I'm happy to give the big dumb idiots the benefit of the doubt, given most of them can't count to 10 without getting their manager involved to help out.

The NRL has been weak with this. Do you truly believe, with the information we have in regard to under the table payments, secondary payments, and promised third party deals, that they would have been able to keep that team together? DO you think it's fair that a team that was assembled illegally, should be able to collect a premiership, and the massive prize money? Prize money that has obviously been wasted since they're broke yet again, only 2 seasons after winning it.

To me, it sounds like the NRL just don't want to enact their little "We won't bail you out anymore" clause, because they know taking the prize money and taking the premiership would cause their sponsor (lol singular) to walk away, and they would have to watch one of their Sydney clubs go under.

2016 will always have a star next to it for most fans anyway. Footy fans won't forget 2016, and as far as I'm concerned, they might have their name on the wall, but they will need to win another one for it to mean anything to most in league land.

I was going to change that sentence to be literal and not relying on you picking up on the context of the post. I should have known better. You defend the club all you like but the facts are the facts. They kept the squad together with third party agreements guaranteed by the club and sourced by the club.
The NRL have been deliberately hiding this latest info . Apparently there is more to come.
Cronulla are a dirty club, make no mistake, they got off easy with the peptide penalties then pretty much launched in to a salary cap rort.
Anything to win right?
Flanagan claimed no knowledge of either,
the players claimed no knowledge as did the player managers, who acquired cash payments.
No one knew anything, the drugs and money just fell out of the sky and landed at shark park.
$ 993 K over the cap which would have been more if the dirty third parties held up.
The NRL have set a new base on how much you can cheat and keep a premiership and IMO the only reason they haven't been stripped is because of the horror summer rugbu league had they didnt want more bad news.

I was going to change that sentence to be literal and not relying on you picking up on the context of the post. I should have known better. You defend the club all you like but the facts are the facts. They kept the squad together with third party agreements guaranteed by the club and sourced by the club.
The NRL have been deliberately hiding this latest info . Apparently there is more to come.
Cronulla are a dirty club, make no mistake, they got off easy with the peptide penalties then pretty much launched in to a salary cap rort.
Anything to win right?
Flanagan claimed no knowledge of either,
the players claimed no knowledge as did the player managers, who acquired cash payments.
No one knew anything, the drugs and money just fell out of the sky and landed at shark park.
$ 993 K over the cap which would have been more if the dirty third parties held up.
The NRL have set a new base on how much you can cheat and keep a premiership and IMO the only reason they haven't been stripped is because of the horror summer rugbu league had they didnt want more bad news.
I always find it strange that people don't grasp the stark fact that irrespective of how much a player is paid it adds not one iota of ability. Don't misunderstand, I know that it's all about players salaries going up and totalling over the cap limit and then the finding of ways to hide that fact from the NRL. As I clearly stated Cronulla is a dirty club and amazingly in your zeal to attack me you somehow missed it and then repeated what I'd written, as if I'd said otherwise! I didn't defend the club, how can you be so obtuse?

Your first sentence again doesn't make sense. Literal?

Dont be a dick @Huge.
Try and stay on point instead of making it about you're imagined faultless writing.

You are defending Cronulla even though you are being deliberately obtuse.

As far as attacking you, wtf? , I can't see how I have.

Dont be a dick @Huge.
Try and stay on point instead of making it about you're imagined faultless writing.

You are defending Cronulla even though you are being deliberately obtuse.

As far as attacking you, wtf? , I can't see how I have.
Ha ha ha. YOU'RE imagined faultless writing. Stop it please, YOUR hurting my ribs. You did attack me previously and again in this post. It's not my fault you struggle to write a coherent sentence.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • ChewThePhatt
  • mystico
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • Locky field goal
  • Broncosgirl
  • Thelmus
  • Fitzy
  • ell.d33
  • Harry Sack
  • Splinter
  • KateBroncos1812
  • bb_gun
  • Dash
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Manofoneway
  • Brocko
  • Financeguy
  • TonyTheJugoslav
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.