Socceroo Brad Jones' son, Luca, 5, loses leukaemia battle

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
TRIBUTES are flowing for the five-year-old son of WA-born Socceroo and Liverpool goalkeeper Brad Jones, who has died following an 18-month battle with leukaemia.

Luca Jones died on Friday night, with players from Jones' former club Middlesbrough wearing black arm bands in last night's English Championship match in memory of the young boy.

Jones, 29, left the Socceroos squad on the eve of last year's World Cup in South Africa after finding out the seriousness of his son's condition.

http://www.news.com.au/national/soc...leukaemia-battle/story-e6frfkw0-1226200395032

Kaz, why just post an excerpt from an article and no comment to go with it? Seems entirely pointless on a forum. If people want to read news articles, they can visit news websites.

Anyway, this is extremely sad. I can't imagine how horrible it must be to lose your child at such a young age.

RIP Luca.

I didn't think there was a rule about just posting news stories, without commenting.

There isn't... I haven't even mentioned a rule in my post, so I'm not sure what that's got to do with anything?

There isn't... I haven't even mentioned a rule in my post, so I'm not sure what that's got to do with anything?

Kaz, why just post an excerpt from an article and no comment to go with it? Seems entirely pointless on a forum. If people want to read news articles, they can visit news websites.

Just replying, to your reply, due to my lack of comment.

He's not saying it's a "Rule", he's asking why you'd do it?

He's not saying it's a "Rule", he's asking why you'd do it?

Because stories like this don't need a comment.

All people would have same thoughts.

No doubt. But...what thoughts?
I think that's what Ning was saying. Why didn't you at least add "Very sad" or some kind of comment. Seems pointless to post something without any opinion.

That's his point.

Doesn't bother me either way.

He could have said something in another thread. (Where I didn't comment straight away)

But NO, says it in this one.

Geez, just forget I said anything.

Poor little fella, may he rest in peace.

Last edited:
I had to resist making a joke about which piece...

Seriously I don't think there'd be anything worse than burying a child. Must really hit close to home for you beads :(

I had to resist making a joke about which piece...

Seriously I don't think there'd be anything worse than burying a child. Must really hit close to home for you beads :(
If Beads had to do this, I can't begin to comprehend what he went through, or for that matter any parent.
I get all teary and emotional when I see parents / kids suffering on a friggin TV show! :confused:

RIP little Luca

Active Now

• davidp
  • azza.79
  • Tmac
  • broncsgoat
  • Rambstien
  • leish107
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Foordy
  • MrMoore
  • Allo
  • Justwin
  • Galah
  • rj9
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.