SOO 2013 General discussion thread

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Just thought I'd start this, as we aren't that far away from game one, and nothing better than this to do so: :loser::finger:

537910_568039826550684_812027296_n.png

Luke bateman a mate of mine from high school got picked in QLD's under 20's Origin team. Well done again brother

Have Cronk and Thurston ever had a good game as a halves combination?

Of course, MOTM Smith had to carry their behinds and make them look better then they actually were.

Last edited:
I remember they played really well together versus Wales but outside of that, they've always been fairly disappointing.

7 series and counting. Their young guys coming through will feel like our young guys pre SoO after getting towelled for so long. Origin will just get better in the coming years because it really will start to mean something to the NSWelshmen.

I'm going to put this out there, but Thurston is over rated, more specifically in representative football.

Worked well last time someone said that.

Uate getting talked up for origin. Hope so he's a woeful defender

Thurtson and Cronk haven't had a good game together? Cronk is part of the best spine in the game, Thurston has been a part of that spine in rep games since 05. They've had one full series to work together in origin as a 6/7 combo. They'll be fine.
Thurston is overrated? Like Lockyer, every time someone says that, Thurston kicks into gear.

I can either smell bullshit, or NSW scummers.

I'm pumped for this series as always cmon boys let's take back the sheild.

Thurtson and Cronk haven't had a good game together? Cronk is part of the best spine in the game, Thurston has been a part of that spine in rep games since 05. They've had one full series to work together in origin as a 6/7 combo. They'll be fine.
Thurston is overrated? Like Lockyer, every time someone says that, Thurston kicks into gear.

I can either smell bull****, or NSW scummers.

Origin 1, Thurston - good, Cronk - awful

Origin 2, Thurston woeful, Cronk - ok

Origin 3, Thurston - good, Cronk - awful

Anzac test, Both were disappointing.

How was Cronk awful in Game 3?

It's been awhile, but kicking THAT field goal to determine the series is pretty darn impressive.

He also shut down T-Rex all night which was no easy fete at the time.

Exactly, he gets praised for his field goal despite being pretty poor for most of the game.

How was he poor though?

Seriously, jog my memory here. I remember him being pretty solid.

You fail to mention his kicking game, is that an area in which he did not succeed in?

Active Now

• sooticus
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • Aldo
  • lynx000
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.