SOS Hodgo

The second coming of Christ himself would pale in comparison to Hodgo strapping on the boots once more.

We was still playing as a professional footballer in the England.

Yeah I know, but super league is pretty much like pretty retired though right?

Lol

I agree he shouldn't come back but I'm having trouble letting go...

I'm divided between the awesomeness of seeing Hodgo in maroon again, and the worry of seeing him repeat his first game, due to lack of match fitness. He would not deserve to go out that way!

Why? Remember he came back from an injury where he hadn't played for more than a year, and scored a match winning try? He certainly didn't go down or look like he was struggling in that game. As the man said himself, it wouldn't be much different from coming back from a long term injury.

Has Hodges been training all season?
.....even when (probably more so) recovering from an injury, you're still training to what ever capacity you can.

I'm with Ning......first sign of trouble and Kevie goes back in time. Pretty shit really.

He should stay retired ... his last game was a 46 point thrashing of NSW ... he can't do much better for a farewell than that.

As amazing as it would be, it's a bad idea for so many reasons - the biggest one being match fitness.

Origin matches are some of, if not the most intense matches in rugby league. You can't afford to have a bloke out there whose preparation consists of some trainings run in camp leading up to the match. He'd go down like a sack of spuds after 10 minutes, especially considering his injury history... then you're playing a man down for the remainder of the match.

Also, what kind of message does it send other potential players? Hey, you guys slug away all you want for the first half of the season, but we'll ignore your efforts and pick a bloke who although is an absolute legend, hasn't played any NRL this season.

Nup, this is something NSW would do, get desperate and live in the past.

Like Carroll's comeback, I'm sure if there was any seriousness to the story then Hodgo would be training right now. For all we know he is. I don't think fitness would be an issue, long term frailties like his hammies are definitely a worry, but again, drilling his body and readying for all those dummy-half runs will certainly help. And unless the blokes on NITV are more physical than your regular TV panel, no bruises and niggles to speak of. 3 weeks turnaround is great too - I mean Ricky was calling for it a few years ago and he's a genius.

What does it say to the other potential players? Get good. At the moment we're considering putting a half in the centres anyway, at least from what I'm reading here. And it further reinforces to the Party Boys that you make bad choices, there are consequences, and no amount of desparation gives you a get-out-of-jail-free card.

Shouldn't have banned those players in the first place, Kevvie. It was such a minor incident too. Now gotta live with it.

I'm divided between the awesomeness of seeing Hodgo in maroon again, and the worry of seeing him repeat his first game, due to lack of match fitness. He would not deserve to go out that way!
Yeah honestly this probably is where I'm really sitting. I kind of think it would be a huge ask for him to come back and perform well, but holy shit I'd love to see it happen.

Has Hodges been training all season?
.....even when (probably more so) recovering from an injury, you're still training to what ever capacity you can.

I'm with Ning......first sign of trouble and Kevie goes back in time. Pretty shit really.
I don't think he trained much last season either.

Shouldn't have banned those players in the first place, Kevvie. It was such a minor incident too. Now gotta live with it.

^^^^^^^ this guy knows.

The turd who dobbed should be life banned. Way to build trust and unity

They broke the rules, and people think it's not a big deal?

Their coach told them to do something, they did the opposite, so **** them, they can sit out.

Fuknoath! Imagine the fire in their bellies if we lose the series.............

I don't understand what the issue is anyway, put Boyd at fullback and have Inglis and Gagai as the centres. Oates and Feldt on the wing.

Or if you want to go even more left field put Barba at fullback, with Inglis and Gagai in the centres and Boyd and Oates on the wing.

I just don't see why we need Hodges.

They don't. Love Hodges but he would tear a hamstring in two seconds flat and then the side is short a man. He left his mark, bring on the next.

I don't understand what the issue is anyway, put Boyd at fullback and have Inglis and Gagai as the centres. Oates and Feldt on the wing.

Or if you want to go even more left field put Barba at fullback, with Inglis and Gagai in the centres and Boyd and Oates on the wing.

I just don't see why we need Hodges.

Hodges > Gagai.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Bronx48
  • Fozz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Culhwch
  • Midean
  • Morkel
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • westy316
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  • Organix
  • broncsgoat
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.