South Sydney and Michael Maguire part ways

a) it is from the Lurker, so i don't count on that even been remotely accurate.

b) I can't see the Rabbitohs agreeing to release him from his contract, and carrying a portion of his salary on the cap for the next few years

His manager should get the sack if he didn't have the standard coach change clause in the contract.

The Lurker saying Gagai's move to the Rabbitohs is in jeopardy since Maguire will no longer be coaching the Rabbitohs.

Apparently Gagai joined the Rabbitohs because Maguire was the coach and now that he has been booted, Gagai isn't very happy about that.

Why do I get the feeling Bennnett is going to swoop in if it turns out to be true?

Seibold and Gagai have a great working relationship though.

Seibold and Gagai have a great working relationship though.

Through a few origins or an actual working relationship in the games that matter the most?

I think McGuire's coaching method has shown what would happen with a Bellamy-type coaching style but without a couple of long-term elites. The players just get burned out. You hear the players talk about doing everything with the same intensity as game-day. There's no let-up, ever. Players like Smith and Cronk are already geared that way, but the Burgess boys have nothing left in the tank. They've gone from the world's best to inconsistent, sloppy, and disinterested.

McGuire would be great for the Titans over a 3-4 year span.

You make some good points. Melbourne have been lucky to have three guys in key positions who are so talented and dedicated - but have also been there a long time. Anyone else that comes to the club just has to fall into line.

Through a few origins or an actual working relationship in the games that matter the most?

Mackay, QRL Camps and QAS and Origin. They seem to get on well and I don't think it'll be a problem.

Anthony Seibold is set to be unveiled as the new coach as the bunnies have called for a press conference tomorrow morning

Just saw an interview on the news with Anthony Seibold. He has the same voice as Lockyer.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.