NEWS Speculation: Riki in for Ofahengaue

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Meyn & Badel jump the gun in the Courier Mail just now:

They're predicting the NRL Integrity Unit will recommend a sidelining of up to three weeks in their report to the ARL on Friday following Joe's crime against his carseat. Seibold says 19 yr old development player, Jr Kiwi captain, Jordan Riki is next in line to plug the leaks up front:

“Jordan has been with us in the full-time setup for 12 months. He came through our EPD (elite player development) program. We recruited him from New Zealand and he’s been in the system for a couple of years. We’ve seen immense growth in the physical side of his preparation. He’s worked really hard and is in great shape. When he first came into the full-time squad he had a fair bit to do in that area. He played a lot of Queensland Cup last year and captained the Junior Kiwis. He’s got a good pedigree and is a terrific young guy with a great attitude who wants to get better. He’s a development list player at the moment, but with us having a few injuries he will come into calculations. You can apply for dispensation and exemptions. We’d certainly look at that if we got a couple of injuries.”

“We will play him this week off the bench as a middle forward, we want to get a good look at him. I was really impressed with his game in the All Stars. He was very good. He is only 19 so we’ve got another young one coming through. He’s got himself into a position where he is competing really hard.”

On whether Joe will be suspended:

“Possibly, we don’t know yet. We’re waiting to hear back from the Integrity Unit. He has played a heap of minutes so I was trying to rotate through some of the other guys like Jordan (at training). Joe will play this week, but because he’s done a lot of reps with the main group I wanted to get some of the younger guys through.”

McHunt

Last edited:
Suspended for 3 games for sleeping in a car. That sort of rot could only happen to one of our players. Eventually it'll be illegal to even touch a car after drinking.
Yep, clearly racist against the people of maroon & gold.

Suspended for 3 games for sleeping in a car. That sort of rot could only happen to one of our players. Eventually it'll be illegal to even touch a car after drinking.

Probably a good idea tbh. Its harsh, but at least there would be no grey area.

The NRL need to grant an exemption for Riki to be able to play before June 30 ...

You watch them deny our request to play Riki, immediately after suspending Ofa

Australian sport are now feifdoms - handing out their punishments from the lofty heights of HQ. The NRL is a law unto itself. What workplace in Australia suspends workers for drunk driving? Seriously? Let the courts hand out the punishment, and let workplaces be workplaces. This is getting to be stuff of nanny states.

Australian sport are now feifdoms - handing out their punishments from the lofty heights of HQ. The NRL is a law unto itself. What workplace in Australia suspends workers for drunk driving? Seriously? Let the courts hand out the punishment, and let workplaces be workplaces. This is getting to be stuff of nanny states.
Been saying this forever. It's not the employer's role to pile on. I expect eventually there'll be a case - as we saw with Folau - where players challenge this restraint of trade.

Been saying this forever. It's not the employer's role to pile on. I expect eventually there'll be a case - as we saw with Folau - where players challenge this restraint of trade.

They don't have much of a choice when the media piles on to them at a seconds notice. It's a vicious, horseshit cycle.

Last edited:
Probably a good idea tbh. Its harsh, but at least there would be no grey area.
The problem is it will be a grey area in the future. You really think if latrell Mitchell, damian cook, Cameron Murray, James Roberts (yes all from a particular team on purpose) or Cameron Smith did this they'd even get 1 week? You are surely joking. Roberts has a far worse record then ofa and last year he elbowed a person in the back of the head with all his force after play had finished and it rendered the other player unconscious.... He got 2 weeks. Ofa may have done the wrong thing lawfully but it was not the wrong thing morally because I don't want a drunk on the road. What if your son got knocked out unconscious by a dog shot like Roberts did?

I've went off subject here a bit but ffs there is no way the nrl will ever be consistent to certain clubs.. NO WAY. This game NEEDS to take its centre away from Sydney ASAP, its holding back the game so much

They don't have much of a choice when the media piles on to them at a seconds notice. It's a vicious, horseshit cycle.
I bet if players demanded the media and politicians be drug tested the narrative would evaporate overnight. If the Senate were drug tested, the Greens would be wiped off the electoral map. And they wouldn't be the only ones. Plus there'd be no-one left on TV .

Last edited:
At least we're not responsible for this jackass anymore

Screenshot 2020 02 26 Ben Barba charged over pub incident

That dickhead just loves to see his name in the headlines

It's his third offence.

He deserves the suspension for that. Everyone knows you can't be in the car with it on after drinking. What he did, it was nothing really, but it was still illegal and that can't be ignored because people feel differently about the laws.

The problem is it will be a grey area in the future. You really think if latrell Mitchell, damian cook, Cameron Murray, James Roberts (yes all from a particular team on purpose) or Cameron Smith did this they'd even get 1 week? You are surely joking. Roberts has a far worse record then ofa and last year he elbowed a person in the back of the head with all his force after play had finished and it rendered the other player unconscious.... He got 2 weeks. Ofa may have done the wrong thing lawfully but it was not the wrong thing morally because I don't want a drunk on the road. What if your son got knocked out unconscious by a dog shot like Roberts did?

I've went off subject here a bit but ffs there is no way the nrl will ever be consistent to certain clubs.. NO WAY. This game NEEDS to take its centre away from Sydney ASAP, its holding back the game so much

I was talking about it being illegal to touch a car if you have been drinking. I'm all for that being illegal.

I've got no faith in the NRL to show any kind of consistency.

Last edited:
3 weeks for that lol. **** the NRL

The QPS does.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Wolfie
  • Mustafur
  • GCBRONCO
  • leon.bott
  • HVbronco
  • MrMoore
  • BroncosMan
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • LittleDavey
  • Big Del
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Jazza
  • Xzei
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mark H
  • Harry Sack
  • Manofoneway
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.