NEWS Speculation: Riki in for Ofahengaue

I would have been ok with this if we didn't lose Lodge for half the year already. Our front row stocks look pretty thin now with those two out and we have a tough start to the campaign as it is.
Let me start by saying that I think the charge by the QPS is a load of shit, which is pretty much par for the course as far as the traffic division is concerned, but that is a different discussion.

As far as the club acting differently because of the roster limitations, I cannot and will never understand that train of thought.
We continuously complain about the MRC and Judiciary's lack of consistency, but would support the club essentially doing the same and not making this type of decisions based on a consistent approach, but rather whether we need the player or not?

14.Utility
15. Flegler
16. Kennedy
17. Bullemor?

I think Seibold has decided to run with Macca at 14 for the experience to begin the season. Not sure if the NRL will let us bring Bullemor or anyone else in from the development squad. I don't know how that all works exactly, but if we've got Jamil Hopoate fit and in the 30-man squad, would the NRL grant us an exemption to bring a different forward in? It could even end up being Macca, Flegler, Kennedy and an outside back.

We're lucky that Haas, Carrigan and TPJ can play big minutes and that Flegler and Kennedy are first-grade ready, otherwise we could have been in much bigger strife with Lodge and Offa out. Really hope Glenn's hammy is good to go come round 1.

The QPS does.
Fair enough. I can buy the argument that those who create and impose the laws should be held to a higher standard. Mind you, I bet that's not the case with those who create the laws. I've never heard of a politician given a suspension because of anything. They just have to withstand the media pressure to resign.

Last edited:
Nah there’s plenty of stuff you can do without a licence. Work in Police Communications, PoliceLink, property points, drive the front counter at a station, Police Prosecutions, Academy land, projects, weapons licencing, intell work, the list goes on and on.

QPS have decided that the court imposed punishment isn‘t enough, though their disagreement over this severity doesn’t extend to appealing inadequate sentences very often, it is quite happy to impose double punishments on it’s own staff...

Could that lead to a culture where police persons go easy / turn a blind eye to their fellow police person`s indiscretions re drinking and driving ?
Knowing they would lose their lively hood as well as their dignity ?

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Morkel
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Rookie Alan
  • theshed
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Evander
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.