Speedtest Thread

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
21.7Mb/s is slow.

Do you mean 21.7MB/s?
I have no real clue but I transcribed what was on the screen faithfully. I've got the NBN in Ipswich and that's what was on the screen while I downloaded Mass Effect for Xbox

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I have no real clue but I transcribed what was on the screen faithfully. I've got the NBN in Ipswich and that's what was on the screen while I downloaded Mass Effect for Xbox
It was likely the slower speed. In saying that, Xbox is horribly, horribly slow.

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if your NBN is going to be HFC that means you already have access to cable broadband. So that's 30mbps, and depending on your ISP you should be able to pay extra to get up to 100mbps.
Would Telstra knowingly NOT tell me that and only give me an ADSL option? There's been no mention of cable during the last several conversations I've had with them lately.

Dash

NRL Captain
Brisbane
Would Telstra knowingly NOT tell me that and only give me an ADSL option? There's been no mention of cable during the last several conversations I've had with them lately.
It's Telstra, so anything is possible. You can type your address is on their website and it will tell you if you can get cable. I was using ADSL like a schmuck until I looked for myself.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Like Dash said. If you don't do Telstra's job for them, you're not going to get good service. They're fucking useless.

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
Telstra technician will be around to the house today. Spoke to me on the phone, he's going to see if I've got access to cable. Telstra's own website cable broadband availability checker proudly announces that;

"I'm in luck...I can get ADSL!!"

:lolwhataloser:

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
I'd love to give 100mbps a whirl, but paying $30 a month for the privilege turns me right off the idea.
I have it for $80 for 500gb. After 12 months of not needing more, I chewed through the 500gb in the first 2 days this month... time to upgrade.

Dash

NRL Captain
Brisbane
I have it for $80 for 500gb. After 12 months of not needing more, I chewed through the 500gb in the first 2 days this month... time to upgrade.
I've got unlimited @30 for $60, but I don't think I've gone over 200GB in months. I'd gladly drop to a smaller data plan and higher speed if my ISP had the option, but no such luck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter