Speedtest Thread

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
So I got the premium speed boost from Telstra..

Barely getting 60Mbps.

I know there are outside factors to take into consideration, but before I was getting a constant 45-47Mbps on a 50Mbps connection.

I should be getting more than what I am getting.

I'm contemplating taking it to TIO. I'm paying $30 for that speed boost.
This is a head scratcher. I jumped from 20ish to over 100 with my FREE Telstra speed boost. There's an outside factor here for sure. You're hard line into the router yes?

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
This is a head scratcher. I jumped from 20ish to over 100 with my FREE Telstra speed boost. There's an outside factor here for sure. You're hard line into the router yes?
Yeah, but you're on cable. Completely different when you're talking FTTN.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
Yeah, but you're on cable. Completely different when you're talking FTTN.
That's what I'm trying to ascertain, what is this voodoo connection?? He might not hit my speeds but fmd, for $30 you'd expect an increase of some significance IMO.

Morkel

International Captain
Unless for whatever reason his max speed is that 60-ish even when not speed-limited.

Jason Simmons

NRL Player
2634041B-6CD9-415B-8604-4DD13A760838.png After reaching a new low last night on my supposed ‘12/1’ plan with Vivid Wireless and an hour on the phone with them this morning, I’m back to a somewhat useable internet service where my web pages are actually loading again and I can watch a youtube video without it stopping...

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
View attachment 2784 After reaching a new low last night on my supposed ‘12/1’ plan with Vivid Wireless and an hour on the phone with them this morning, I’m back to a somewhat useable internet service where my web pages are actually loading again and I can watch a youtube video without it stopping...
This is slower than regular mobile data man. 12/1 shouldn't even be sold as broadband, did you select it yourself, or is it all that was available? If they have faster available, the sales person is a prick for even offering it. I thought NBN were putting a stop to that happening, as that speed is good for voice and basically that's it. Probably different on fixed wireless though.

Jason Simmons

NRL Player
This is slower than regular mobile data man. 12/1 shouldn't even be sold as broadband, did you select it yourself, or is it all that was available? If they have faster available, the sales person is a prick for even offering it. I thought NBN were putting a stop to that happening, as that speed is good for voice and basically that's it. Probably different on fixed wireless though.
It is yes. They trade for speed for large data packages on the Optus 4G LTE network via a Huawei modem so: fixed wireless and 12/1 is all they offer... Not the only solution, but the only wireless solution that offers unlimited downloads on a month to month contract, so I can cancel the minute NBN is ready... Sure I could pay Telstra $199 a month and get a 130GB mobile plan that would be quite fast, but that money is insane and still doesn’t provide anything close to what I view as an acceptable data package and I’d have to sign up for 24 months...

The issue I have is no landline access, no NBN physical connection (yet) and not eligible for Satellite NBN, yet want to be able to download as much as I want, watch as much Netflix, Foxtel Now, Stan etc as I want and not have to worry about my data limit.

When it’s working at reasonable speeds (usually) 10-12 Mbps or so consistently I can live with it. But I suspect many in my area might now be using the service and it seems to be having a marked effect on the network.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter