NEWS Spotted: Bird and Lodge in Burleigh bingle

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Meyn & Badel gleefully grass on an alleged barney between Bird and Lodge in tomorrow's Courier Mail:

If you follow any of the gang on social media, you might have seen them frolicking shirtless in the Heads, ostensibly bonding as per the club's directive. In one case a bond too sticky, they report, with Lodge and Bird requiring manual intervention to pry apart. If you don't believe Meyn & Badel, ask anyone: they have a conga line of anonymous dobbers to back them up, and cite the demon drink as a malevolent shadow lurking behind proceedings. Some players were spotted at the Burleigh Pavilion after their beach training session.

But, you'll be relieved, not Lodge, who hasn't touched a drop in four years. Since you know when.

Naturally, no word from Red Hill, but further anonymous sources reveal the hotheads kissed and made up before a Sunday night dinner at an unnamed "club official's" home.

Phew. I was worried there for a minute.

McHunt

Last edited:
Notice how they kept saying Lodge "claims" not to have drunk alcohol in 4 years or Lodge "maintains" he has been alcohol free for 4 years

Like we shouldn't believe him

Notice how they kept saying Lodge "claims" not to have drunk alcohol in 4 years or Lodge "maintains" he has been alcohol free for 4 years

Good catch, I should've directly quoted that:

"It’s understood Lodge was not drinking and has claimed to have not drunk alcohol in more than four years. "

I'm limited in what I can reproduce, but I do try to replicate their spin for the pantomime it is, without descending into parody. There's not much meat in this story.

Last edited:

Badel 'claims' to be a journalist, and 'maintains' that he adheres to the standards of integrity such a position demands.

Badel 'claims' to be a journalist, and 'maintains' that he adheres to the standards of integrity such a position demands.
Oxymoron there, Badel, journalist, standards and integrity utilised in the one sentence.

giphy.gif

badels sources fyi.

Just seen the nine news report on this story.

Wtf is wrong with Australian journalists? The tosser on 9 news went upto birds private residence and knocked on the door and asked birds girlfriend if bird was OK. It was so fucking awkward and unnecessary.

Why are Australian journalists so terrible? Are other countries at this level? Rugby league journalism in particular is at an attrocious level. They get clicks yet they fail to see that they lose respect and trust, which in the long term will bite them in the ass. More and more options are available to people these days and its a matter of time that the poor level fox/news Corp/courier mail and nine will pay the price heavily. The day the nrl take over their media completely or netflix or amazon get involved it will mean the end for those other companies. Not just regarding rugby league, they will die completely because ethey have screwed the goose too much. The obvious stall tactic of the nbn shambles wont hold back streaming services much longer.

Sorry for the rant but ffs that "journalist" pissed me off. Complete hack tactics...

Last edited:
Can't assume the gender these days

Refer to them as 'they'

Last edited:
Safe to say neither lodge nor bird will be captain for 2020?

It's funny how we treat a minor indiscretion from another clubs player compared to how we treat our own..

Active Now

• Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • Galah
  • NSW stables
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.