Squash

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Anyone else play?

I've been playing once a week or so for the last month or two against my mum. She used to play competitively, thus smashes me every time we play. [icon_lol1.

Gives you a bloody good work out.

I hate it. Worse than brussel sprouts!

I've tried to play in the past - it's bloody hard and I'm crap at it, that's why I hate it [icon_lol1.

Flutterby said:
I've tried to play in the past - it's bloody hard and I'm crap at it, that's why I hate it [icon_lol1.

[icon_lol1.

Yeah, coming from playing tennis basically my whole life, it's damn confusing! Hitting balls off the side walls and shiz, I'm all over the shop. [icon_lol1.

Yep, I have heard say that if you have tennis background you will likely really struggle with squash. Apart from the things you already mentioned, squash is more in the wrist, whereas tennis is more from the shoulder.

I much prefer tennis I must say.

Yeah I'm amazed you didn't seem to pick up the very bad pun initially!

I haven't played for a while. But I used to play quite a lot. Great game. Love it.

Nashy said:
I haven't played for a while. But I used to play quite a lot. Great game. Love it.

[icon_ee

I am literally amazed that Nashy has played squash and enjoyed it!

Unless he's talking about what he does with his lady friend... :shock:

Yeah I play every now and then. I'm on par with mates but can barely get one point off my dad, who plays competitvely.

As Flutters said, it's quite a different technique to tennis. After all my years of playing tennis, I have an inbuilt tendency to hit with top spin, which is really quite useless in squash.

ningnangnong said:
Nashy said:

[icon_ee

I am literally amazed that Nashy has played squash and enjoyed it!

Unless he's talking about what he does with his lady friend... :shock:

Haha. I started playing on Norfolk Island all the time, and played here a bit. Hardest thing is finding someone who likes it enough to play with me.

Before COxy comes in. I am not still referring to my sexual encounters with anyone or anything. [icon_razz1

Flutterby said:
Yep, I have heard say that if you have tennis background you will likely really struggle with squash. Apart from the things you already mentioned, squash is more in the wrist, whereas tennis is more from the shoulder.

I much prefer tennis I must say.

It's the same from squash to tennis too.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • jd87
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Lurker
  • marw
  • Robboi_321
  • Sproj
  • Financeguy
  • davidp
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.