OFFICIAL Staff moved on.

Please... Take the Broncos glasses off for just a second and try and be objective.

We didn't sign Lodge out of some sense of nobility or to help Lodge personally, we did it because it represented excellent value for money at the time. He was cheap because of his past indiscretions and we were prepared to look past that for what he offered as a footballer, which to be entirely fair to the bloke is tremendous value for our money for basically the entire time he's played for us aside from this last two seasons.

He's not even playing badly mind you, he's amongst our best contributors every week, it's just that a Prop Forward at 750k doesn't represent a clever use of our cap anymore. In truth, it probably never did, but absolutely none of that is Lodge's fault. The guy negotiating his end of the deal was just a fuckload smarter than the idiots negotiating on our end.

Lodge has kept his end of the bargain, it's us who have changed our minds about how we want to spend our money. If you want to tantrum chuck and illogically blame Lodge for that predicament then as a Broncos fan that's your right, but when you remove the emotion and look at it rationally, we fucked this up ourselves and it's our job to find a way out of it, not Matt Lodge's.

I agree that none of the wanting to move lodge on is his fault. But what is his fault is spewing all that rubish to the media the other day about not knowing what's going on and insinuating its all because of kevie and the board.

when in reality the reason he's still not sure is because he/his manager allegedly wanted more money.

the knights and broncos came to a deal and it was agreed upon until his manager came back last minute and wanted either the knights or broncs to throw in more money, which neither did.

If lodge also mentioned that to the media the other day there would be no problems but he didnt even hint at it.

so that proves to me hes just another part of the problem and needs to be gone.
we need team players here not selfish ones who want to keep throwing the club under the bus.

the club has made some serious mistakes but some of these players cant keep blaming the club for what is happening they need to be honest with themselves and the media/fans.

2018 and beyond....the whole club started on this rapid decline into shitsville. Is it fair that we single out Milford as the one who should've been able to keep his game at the top level, despite the retards around him...... he was what...a 22yro, at the time?

Whether he was on 1 million.....or 1 billlllllion dollars a season, no-one can do it on their own....and I've said it before, as a half....if your forwards aren't going forward, you WILL struggle to be effective.

I'm not excusing him...he has been shit....just sayin', thats all.

I think he's worth taking a chance on and giving him a fresh start.....in what hopefully becomes a completely different and positive environment for him to play in.
You declared you thought we could agree, to which I replied I couldn’t and provided reasons why. I’m not sure why you still feel compelled to make me agree with you.

But to answer your question; yes, Milford should be singled out. If for no other reason than the fact he has been a considerable contributor to the shit stain the club has left on its slide down the ladder and his contract is expiring, so he is very easy to remove.

Could someone tell me how Ikin has landed the HOF role? I don't really understand how he is seen as some master operator when he has been a TV pundit? Now he gets a senior role at the Broncos. I don't really understand it.

As I understand it, he hasn't been involved at a football club for a long time.

Could someone tell me how Ikin has landed the HOF role? I don't really understand how he is seen as some master operator when he has been a TV pundit? Now he gets a senior role at the Broncos. I don't really understand it.

As I understand it, he hasn't been involved at a football club for a long time.
hes involved in the QRL and those involved in QRL have big wraps on him.

Despite Kev claiming change had to be made after the loss to the bunnies it’d be stating the obvious to most these decisions this would been in the works for a very long time. I imagine Ikin has known about this for quite some time.

Kev was bluffing. It's all happening around him. Do you honestly believe they called Ikin after the South's game ?

Kev was bluffing. It's all happening around him. Do you honestly believe they called Ikin after the South's game ?

They've probably had him lined up for weeks behind the scenes, Donuts was just building himself a bit of rope to sack the shitkickers to make way for him (Wasn't necessary imo, literally nobody would have begrudged him flushing Nolan and Croll the first day he walked into the club).

Let’s hope Ikin hasn’t just been all talk, because it’s a big job for someone who has never done it.

You declared you thought we could agree, to which I replied I couldn’t and provided reasons why. I’m not sure why you still feel compelled to make me agree with you.
Shits & giggles......?

I don't know why.......I'll cease immediately.

Homer Simpson Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Of course not......

Seems like the performance against Souths was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Quite obviously, these decisions were made sometime ago. They are pretty high level. You don't decide something like that overnight
.......but it could be that they have only recently been finalised...or decided to release them publicly.

Either way.....yay!!

Of course not......

Seems like the performance against Souths was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Quite obviously, these decisions were made sometime ago. They are pretty high level. You don't decide something like that overnight
.......but it could be that they have only recently been finalised...or decided to release them publicly.

Either way.....yay!!
I think this period was likely always going to be DD’s version of a mini offseason. 1 game all month basically. It was just a cute coincidence that we copped our most embarrassing performance of the season.

Robert Craddock thinks we need to try and get Ikin to replace Nolan

and Parker in as an assistant coach

Sooo.....Parker announcement incoming soon?

Whats Corey gonna bring to the table anyway....other than a playing career?

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • bazza
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • Mustafur
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Painin the Haas
  • Tim K
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.