Stagg has re-signed?

• Thread starter Painin the Haas
  • Start date
He's a good footballer. You need players like him around the squad.

State of Origin, injuries.

I do me re-signed duh silly msitake

Changed thread title to avoid confusions. I was actually expecting news of Stagg retiring...

Didn't expect him to hang around another year.. but I won't complain, it's good depth and he would be getting paid much.

If we have room in our salary cap we would be silly to not keep him around for depth at least.

No thanks. Rather give a green junior NRl time than keep this bloke in the team.

No thanks. Rather give a green junior NRl time than keep this bloke in the team.

Come Origin time, out entire starting back row will be gone, potentially a prop or two as well. We'll have heaps of enthusiastic kids wanting to play, but there is no substitute for experience. Losing the big names for Origin basically grinds the remaining players in to the ground. An old head, who will be a big help cleaning up in defence (vital while the team is kind of pieced together), and could play 160 minutes if asked, is well worth it.

Dare I say it, but putting Stagg in the #12 for a few games post-Origin will give the fat bugger a rest, have him rested and firing in the later rounds.

I thought he would have been a casualty of our fight to get cam smith

Or cover for losing someone bigger?

Staggy signed a 2 year deal when he returned last year. so no re signing necessary.

the point of him re-signing. come origin if no injuries our team will look like this.

1. barba
2. vidot
3. reed
4. copley
5. hoffman
6. kahu
7. hunt
8. moose
9. macca
10. kennedy
11. glenn
12. oates
13. lowrie

14. granville
15. dodds
16. stagg
17. hala/molo

I'd be disappointed if that team didn't win 2/3rds of origin depleted games. It wouldn't be the end of the world if that was our full strength squad. not a single non first grade standard player. the only extremely significant drops in quality are through the loss of hodges and hannant.

Active Now

• Tim K
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncotville
  • Socnorb
  • Foordy
  • KnToad
  • lynx000
  • Morepudding
  • Broncosgirl
  • Financeguy
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.