OFFICIAL Staggs Commits for 4 Years

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2021/05/05/staggs-loyal-to-broncos-for-4-more-years/

Strike centre Kotoni Staggs has committed to the Brisbane Broncos on a four-year contract to the end of the 2025 season.

The 22-year-old, one of the NRL’s most exciting attacking players, was named at centre in the 2020 Dally M Team Of The Year as well as being awarded Dally M Try Of The Year for his blockbusting effort against the Dragons in Round 15 at Suncorp Stadium.

He has been top try scorer at the Broncos for the past two seasons, crossing 23 times in his 47 appearances for the Club, and been named Best Back for the Club in 2019 and 2020.

In staying loyal to the Broncos, he joins a growing core of quality players committing to the Club on multi-year deals including Payne Haas, Pat Carrigan, Tom Flegler, Ethan Bullemor, as well as Jordan Riki and Brendan Piakura who both have agreed to three-year contracts in recent weeks.

Staggs said: “My future is here at the Broncos – I’ve always been told to chase my dream and my dream as a young kid was to be here at the Broncos, and I’m going to be here for another four years – I’m really happy.

“Reflecting back to when I was growing up as a young kid and kicking the footy around the park imagining I was in Broncos colours, to be able to make my debut and play here for three years and then to get another four years on top of that with a bunch of boys that I’ve known for a while now, I’m pretty proud of that.

“We’ve got a lot to look forward to as a Club … I want to continue to grow and help the younger players out and be a leader and a mentor.

“I’ve made mistakes off the field but I’m learning my lessons and from here onwards I want to be the best person I can be and be a role model, it’s up to me to get my head in the right place and move forward.

“I’m here to send a message out to the fans that I’m here to stay at the Brisbane Broncos, this is the Club that I always dreamed of playing for and it’s my home.”

Head Coach Kevin Walters said keeping Staggs on a four-year deal was a great result for the Broncos.

“Kotoni’s passion for the Broncos is what has kept him at the Club as well as his competitive drive – he’s the type of player that we need here at the Club,” said Walters.

“He grew up watching the Broncos win premierships and he wants to win one here himself.

“We have a terrific core group of players signed to long-term contracts who have all been through the Broncos system, and Kotoni adds to that – he has committed to us because he beileves the future here is bright.”

Kotoni Staggs has resigned. More to follow.

McHunt

Chris Garry reporting he will be our 5/8th

It isn't necessarily the end of Milf but if he stays, it won't be on much.

I don't think it confirms anything for who plays 6 tbh, we are still looking for a 7 and say we get one and if Gamble is still playing good do we just toss him?

Nothing is certain with positions.

So given we have lost everyone and no one is coming and we still need Lodge to leave to get a halfback, I'm giving Badel his story - 4 years at 12 million dollars
That’s 12 a year I hope

Well i was wrong about Staggs, i was sure he was a gonner.
Good to see he is sticking around, now to get someone in to mentor him like Petro has done with TPJ so he can clean up his attitude and off field antics.

If he has been sold on the premise of being our 6 surely they have a plan for the 7? Right? ...

What does that mean for him for the rest of the year? Do we even select him because he might drag his feet even more.
In the end I’m sad the Milford era is ending only because I have fond memories of 2015-2016
Enjoy reserves once Staggs is fit.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.