Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Staggs Declares Loyalty: “I’m Going Nowhere”​

broncos.com.au
Mon 15 Feb 2021, 05:26 PM

Strike centre Kotoni Staggs has declared his loyalty to the Broncos, saying he loves the club and is living out a childhood dream by playing for Brisbane.

The Broncos’ Best Back for the past two seasons, currently sidelined until mid-season after knee surgery, has been the centre of media reports that a host of other clubs want to sign him in the future.

But Staggs was definitive when questioned by media about his future with the Broncos: “I’m here and I’m going nowhere. I love the club, growing up as a young kid this is where I wanted to be, it was a dream to play at the Broncos growing up watching Darren Lockyer, he was my idol.

“I don’t want to be anywhere else but here and I just want to play good footy when I get back on the field.”

The 22-year-old said his recovery from knee surgery was well on track, and he would continue to work with the high-quality Broncos conditioning staff to make sure he is ready to go by mid-season.

“I’m probably a couple of weeks ahead but I’m not rushing, that’s the biggest thing I don’t want to do, that’s rush and do it again,” said Staggs.

“I’ll just take my time and take the whole nine months and come back where I left off.”

Source: https://www.broncos.com.au/news/202...CRNpn4Emq_6D2OFJleRrsLAs6osisB9ag8_fyEeH8NoG4

Kotoni Staggs toes the line and declares his desire to be nailed to the Broncos for life. Broncos to foot an increased bill that makes a bigger footprint in the club's salary sock for this not quite polished talent.

Kotoni Staggs toes the line and declares his desire to be nailed to the Broncos for life. Broncos to foot an increased bill that makes a bigger footprint in the club's salary sock for this not quite polished talent.
toetally on the money.

That's what I think happened.

At the end of the day though, if we look at the Broncos back line, they NEED strike players. His signing can help elevate the Broncos position on the ladder which will just help in negotiating with other players in the future.

The guy seems massively immature but no denying his talent. Beautiful to watch. I’ve defended his comments before. The club would’ve been a miserable place to work at for the last 12 months and people question players dedication to the club but the club was not the broncos, it was a White/Seibold bastardisation.

I’m sure Macca leaving more money free has sweetened the deal but hopefully at least part of it is a reflection of Kev’s new culture.

I changed my tune after his latest scandal but Munster was a massive gronk until very recently, now he’s a likeable gronk. There’s still hope for Katoni and playing good goes a long way to having the public forget about past mistakes.

I dont know how many times over the years in the NRL players have said this then flipped and gone elsewhere.

I have a motto that if they say something in the media it usually means the opposite, coaches included.

Saying you'll test the open market is a way of getting more money from your current club.

Saying you'll stay loyal to your current club is a way of getting more money from potential suitors.

Very convenient timing, Kotoni.

800k and not a cent more. If he can get more than that elsewhere than all the power to him.

Last edited:
800k would make him the highest paid center in the game you would think,personally for me 600k is about the highest id go but time will tell.

How much are Souffs paying Mitchell?

Maybe KW told him he plans to play him at 5/8 and that's why he now wants to stay

800k would make him the highest paid center in the game you would think,personally for me 600k is about the highest id go but time will tell.
Addo Carr is 500K, is better than Staggs and in the prime of his career

Staggs won't get to his best until 2022 coming off a knee reco.

Imagine if he did another one. You have to be careful with these situations. He is an ideal 5/8 candidate if Milford shits the bed again this year though.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Maddy
  • Manofoneway
  • Cavalo
  • winslow_wong
  • bb_gun
  • broncs30
  • Harry Sack
  • Allo
  • sooticus
  • Wild Horse
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • Morkel
  • Locky field goal
  • mystico
  • Brocko
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.