CASUALTIES & SUSPENSIONS 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carrigan, Cobbo and Staggs were all training together yesterday. In fact that group are here everyday and haven’t stopped yet.
How far along is Carrigan?

He had it strapped last week. Hopefully gets it right for next season, should get a debut easy.

Carrigan, Cobbo and Staggs were all training together yesterday. In fact that group are here everyday and haven’t stopped yet.
This is really exciting news

This is really exciting news
Yip, if only there were another 5 or 6 joining them. We’d be well on the way to having the elite fitness needed to win a comp in today’s environment.

Ben Ikin has positive news on Adam Reynolds and other players:

“Adam had a scan at the end of the season and it came back positive – no surgery required. He had an exit medical at Souths and the reports were sent to our club to be reviewed. He’s now on his 10-week break and not due at training until mid-December.”

“Everyone is tracking nicely. There’s been no issues with the recovery for any of those guys like Payne, Kobe Hetherington, Jordan Riki, Tyson Gamble, Keenan Palasia and Xavier Willison. The guys that have had surgery are all on track.”

McHunt

Ben Ikin has positive news on Adam Reynolds and other players:

“Adam had a scan at the end of the season and it came back positive – no surgery required. He had an exit medical at Souths and the reports were sent to our club to be reviewed. He’s now on his 10-week break and not due at training until mid-December.”

“Everyone is tracking nicely. There’s been no issues with the recovery for any of those guys like Payne, Kobe Hetherington, Jordan Riki, Tyson Gamble, Keenan Palasia and Xavier Willison. The guys that have had surgery are all on track.”

McHunt
Will riki be right for round 1 ? nrl physio said he's had a shoulder reconstruction

Will riki be right for round 1 ? nrl physio said he's had a shoulder reconstruction
I doubt it. Shoulder reconstruction normally requires 4-6 months rehab. After which, you're still not at your peak performance and you still have to compete with whoever replaced you.

Interpret this:

"A number of Broncos players will have delayed starts to the pre-season after undergoing operations.
Backrower Jordan Riki (shoulder) and young prop Xavier Willison (knee) underwent reconstructions and will be sidelined for extended periods. Prop Payne Haas will only miss the start of the pre-season after undergoing ankle surgery and Ikin said all of Brisbane’s recovering players were tracking well."

I doubt it. Shoulder reconstruction normally requires 4-6 months rehab. After which, you're still not at your peak performance and you still have to compete with whoever replaced you.

Interpret this:

"A number of Broncos players will have delayed starts to the pre-season after undergoing operations.
Backrower Jordan Riki (shoulder) and young prop Xavier Willison (knee) underwent reconstructions and will be sidelined for extended periods. Prop Payne Haas will only miss the start of the pre-season after undergoing ankle surgery and Ikin said all of Brisbane’s recovering players were tracking well."
A shame for him but not the biggest loss. Robati slots straight in and Piakura on the bench.

We've got depth but Riki was owning that position towards the end of the season.

Mmmmm not really. He may have been getting consistently selected but his on field performances weren't lighting the world on fire.

Mmmmm not really. He may have been getting consistently selected but his on field performances weren't lighting the world on fire.
I like him on the bench he’s more versatile there. Where as piakura looks to be a pure backrower, granted I’ve seen very little of him, going more off other posters run downs of his play.

I like him on the bench he’s more versatile there. Where as piakura looks to be a pure backrower, granted I’ve seen very little of him, going more off other posters run downs of his play.

I might be crazy for suggesting this but I would love to see Robati and Carrigan cycled at Lock, 20 minute stints for each of them per half. That allows the likes of Piakura, Riki, Hetherington, Willison and Palasia to fight over the remaining spots. Hopefully we start to see some front rowers kicking on as well because I would love to ship off one of Flegler and Kennedy as soon as possible too. You can't have both of those peanut brains in the side.

I might be crazy for suggesting this but I would love to see Robati and Carrigan cycled at Lock, 20 minute stints for each of them per half. That allows the likes of Piakura, Riki, Hetherington, Willison and Palasia to fight over the remaining spots. Hopefully we start to see some front rowers kicking on as well because I would love to ship off one of Flegler and Kennedy as soon as possible too. You can't have both of those peanut brains in the side.
Got to keep flegs it will click for him soon, when it does he’ll be awesome. It’s just those dumb mistakes/penalties he takes and those are fixable (I hope).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Sproj
  • Browny
  • Brocko
  • Mustafur
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • winslow_wong
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Organix
  • Battler
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Financeguy
  • bb_gun
  • Dash
  • Aldo
  • Mighty Bronx
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.