SPOILER Star Wars Episode IX

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
  • Staff
It's only a couple of months away but there seems to be very little hype so far.

Who's excited though!

Who's wary?

Who's going to try really really hard to avoid spoilers this time so that when Han Solo dies it's actually a surprise?

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Tickets booked for Gold Class the night after release. Looking forward to it. It will likely be a steaming pile of garbage which will only further piss fans of the originals off. Can't fuckin wait!

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
I can't wait, massive Star Wars nerd, will be watching it first night screening...in Chinese!

Battler

NRL Captain
North Brisbane
Thought Rogue One was way better than TFA, which struck me as a Disneyfied, SJW sloppy remake of A New Hope. Have high hopes for this one tho since JJ Abrams isn't directing it.

Dash

NRL Captain
Brisbane
Thought Rogue One was way better than TFA, which struck me as a Disneyfied, SJW sloppy remake of A New Hope. Have high hopes for this one tho since JJ Abrams isn't directing it.
Disneyfied? Sure. Almost a carbon copy of A New Hope? Yep. Not as good as Rogue One. Correct. But SJW? I don't remember a single political or social 'issue' raised or even alluded to in TFA.

Allo

NRL Captain
Disneyfied? Sure. Almost a carbon copy of A New Hope? Yep. Not as good as Rogue One. Correct. But SJW? I don't remember a single political or social 'issue' raised or even alluded to in TFA.
Maybe referring to the female + black leads? I didn’t even think about it personally.

Also re: spoilers, I’m gonna try and watch this one before February. I got to mid-Jan before I got TFA spoiled

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Who's going to try really really hard to avoid spoilers this time so that when Han Solo dies it's actually a surprise?
To be honest, when that happened I wasn't even surprised.. I wasn't shocked or anything.

I was just like, "Meh."

They really ruined that scene and that movie.

Dash

NRL Captain
Brisbane
Maybe referring to the female + black leads? I didn’t even think about it personally.

Also re: spoilers, I’m gonna try and watch this one before February. I got to mid-Jan before I got TFA spoiled
I'm 100% certain that's exactly what he's referring to. Strangely though, Rogue One got a pass with it's female and Mexican leads.

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Not even watching the trailers, didn't for the last one either.

Super hyped!

Going to be much better than Rogue One...

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
North Brisbane
I've unfortunately lost all excitement for new Star Wars films. I still like it but IMO Disney took a dump on the franchise with TFA. They did do a decent job with Rogue one though.

I probably won't see it at the movies but I am interested to know if it's an improvement from TFA.

Alec

International Rep
I've unfortunately lost all excitement for new Star Wars films. I still like it but IMO Disney took a dump on the franchise with TFA. They did do a decent job with Rogue one though.

I probably won't see it at the movies but I am interested to know if it's an improvement from TFA.
I thought so too at first, but looking back, Rogue One was completely pointless and pretty much a waste of time. I'm going to avoid any more of Star Wars movies, the new ones are just so safe and mediocre I'd rather watch the PT. I wish it just stayed with the original 3, and not milked to death.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hadeswolf

Twitter