State of Origin 2022

DanG

DanG

NRL Player
May 10, 2019
I Know it is hard to get pumped about Origin considering the last few years but i thought i'd get it started, more optimistic with the likes of Slater and Smith coming on board compared to Paul Green.

If i had to give a QLD predication for game 1 thus far, i think slater and the board may try something different this year.

1. Ponga
2. Holmes
3. Gagai
4. Opacic
5. Coates
6. Munster
7. DCE
8. Collins
9. Mahoney
10. Papali
11. Capewell
12. Sua
13. Tino

14. Grant
15. Arrow
16. Fifita
17. Molo

I Know it is hard to get pumped about Origin considering the last few years but i thought i'd get it started, more optimistic with the likes of Slater and Smith coming on board compared to Paul Green.

If i had to give a QLD predication for game 1 thus far, i think slater and the board may try something different this year.

1. Ponga
2. Holmes
3. Gagai
4. Opacic
5. Coates
6. Munster
7. DCE
8. Collins
9. Mahoney
10. Papali
11. Capewell
12. Sua
13. Tino

14. Grant
15. Arrow
16. Fifita
17. Molo
I can’t see Grant benching unless you use his versatility at 13 because that game where we had him and Friend with a 1 - 2 punch at 9/13 was one of the best performances as a tandem I have ever seen. I’d go:

1. Ponga
2. Tabuai-Fidow
3. Gagai
4. Capewell
5. Coates
6. Munster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Collins
9. Mahoney
10. Papalii
11. Kaufusi
12 Fifita
13. Tino
14. Grant
15. Arrow
16. Fotuiaka
17. Carrigan

You sold me in the Mahoney, Grant combo however if they want a genuine utility, Mahoney makes way and Hunt becomes utility. I think you forgot 2 pretty big players in Fotuiaka and possibly Carrigan. Might be tougher for Carrigan considering he is injured but if not fit I would move Fifita back to the bench, Capes to SR and Holmes to centres. Can’t see Su’A or Molo making it. I have Capewell at centre for broncos selfish reasons just in hope he can ignite his running game a bit. Also allows to fit more talent in at the second row position in the team because we stack up pretty well in that category. I think this way we have the forward pack/bench and 3/4 of the spine locked up. If Ponga rocks up we will have fully functioning spine as well. Apart from Gags I am not overly convinced about our outside backs though being able to defend and get points but let’s pray.

I can’t see Grant benching unless you use his versatility at 13 because that game where we had him and Friend with a 1 - 2 punch at 9/13 was one of the best performances as a tandem I have ever seen. I’d go:

1. Ponga
2. Tabuai-Fidow
3. Gagai
4. Capewell
5. Coates
6. Munster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Collins
9. Mahoney
10. Papalii
11. Kaufusi
12 Fifita
13. Tino
14. Grant
15. Arrow
16. Fotuiaka
17. Carrigan

You sold me in the Mahoney, Grant combo however if they want a genuine utility, Mahoney makes way and Hunt becomes utility. I think you forgot 2 pretty big players in Fotuiaka and possibly Carrigan. Might be tougher for Carrigan considering he is injured but if not fit I would move Fifita back to the bench, Capes to SR and Holmes to centres. Can’t see Su’A or Molo making it. I have Capewell at centre for broncos selfish reasons just in hope he can ignite his running game a bit. Also allows to fit more talent in at the second row position in the team because we stack up pretty well in that category. I think this way we have the forward pack/bench and 3/4 of the spine locked up. If Ponga rocks up we will have fully functioning spine as well. Apart from Gags I am not overly convinced about our outside backs though being able to defend and get points but let’s pray.
Yer we really are low on Centre and winger stocks atm, as in terms of genuine guns. I knew i forgot Foutiiaka, would definitely have him in there. I just think Capes cant keep up with the speed and agility of NSW backs we have had more success when he's been playing 2nd Row for QLD i believe but it is tricks with our stocks in that position

This is what I think will be picked, not exactly what I would pick.

1. Ponga
2. Holmes
3. Gagai
4. Tabuai-Fidow
5. Coates
6. Munster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Collins
9. Grant
10. Papalii
11. Kaufusi
12 Capewell
13. Tino

14. Hunt
15. Arrow
16. Fifita
17. Carrigan

1. Ponga
2. Cobbo
3. Gagai
4. Holmes
5. Coates
6. Munster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Collins
9. Grant
10. Papalii
11. Kaufusi
12 Capewell
13. Tino

14. Hunt
15. Arrow
16. Fifita
17. Carrigan

In three or four years the spine will be

1. Walsh
6. Walker
7.? (Any ideas? Dearden?)
9. Grant

Not bad.

As for this year, flick Kaufusi, start Fifi and Mo on the bench.

Centre is a real weakness.

I think Opacic has origin centre written all over him. He's not a gamebreaker but a solid player like Bowman who can shut down the flashy blues.

1. Ponga
2. Holmes
3. Gagai
4. Opacic
5. Hammer
6. Munster
7. Giraffe neck
8. Collins
9. Grant
10. Papa
11. Capewell
12. Tino
13. Arrow

14. Hunt
15. Fotuaika
16. Fifita
17. Flegler/Carrigan

Fermor might be another option at centre if they want Gagai on the wing

Opacic should not even be discussed. He is so far down the pecking order. Holmes, Gagai, Hammer, Fermor and Capewell all way ahead of him.

In three or four years the spine will be

1. Walsh
6. Walker
7.? (Any ideas? Dearden?)
9. Grant

Not bad.

As for this year, flick Kaufusi, start Fifi and Mo on the bench.
Munster still has 5-7 years left.

Munster still has 5-7 years left.

Yeah but might have to move him to 7 to accomodate Walker when he is ready. Or Walker at 7 after Keary goes and Munster six.

Yeah but might have to move him to 7 to accomodate Walker when he is ready. Or Walker at 7 after Keary goes and Munster six.
Surely Roosters are planning on Walker to 7 and Manu to 6 when Keary retires.

Roosters will just sign the next best half when Keary retires.

Surely Roosters are planning on Walker to 7 and Manu to 6 when Keary retires.

Possibly. Or just poach whatever young gun is killing it when Walker is mature enough.

Either way, Walker/Dearden/Munster seems the likely combo in one form or another.

Opacic and now Dearden? Why do we want to suggest former Broncos? They shouldn't even be close to the squad.

Opacic and now Dearden? Why do we want to suggest former Broncos? They shouldn't even be close to the squad.

Dearden is getting better, in a few years he might be ready.

I think Opacic has origin centre written all over him. He's not a gamebreaker but a solid player like Bowman who can shut down the flashy blues.

1. Ponga
2. Holmes
3. Gagai
4. Opacic
5. Hammer
6. Munster
7. Giraffe neck
8. Collins
9. Grant
10. Papa
11. Capewell
12. Tino
13. Arrow

14. Hunt
15. Fotuaika
16. Fifita
17. Flegler/Carrigan

Is there anyone else for 17? Flegler doesn’t deserve a spot

1. Ponga
2. Holmes
3. Gagai
4. Opacic
5. Hammer
6. Munster
7. Giraffe neck
8. Collins
9. Grant
10. Papa
11. Capewell
12. Tino
13. Arrow

14. Hunt
15. Fotuaika
16. Fifita
17. Flegler/Carrigan

Holmes and Gagai have been great in the centres this year. Just need to pick some decent wingers next to them.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • Spoon
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.