State of Origin 2022

Generation next looks alright for Queensland (this is based purely on players already in the NRL, not next level down):

1. Walsh
2. Coates
3. Hammer
4. Mariner (Ok, I've had to reach here)
5. Cobbo
6. Dearden
7. Walker
8. Carrigan
9. Grant
10. Flegler
11. Luki
12. Nanai
13. Tino

14. Brimson
15. Hetherington
16. Cotter
17. Fifita

And there is: Savage, Paix, Palasia, Schneider, Trindall (I'd be keeping an eye on him at Cronulla just quietly, I reckon he'd be a great understudy to Reynolds), Mo, Sexton, Campbell, Bullemor, Howarth, Gilbert, Asi, Mahoney, Simpkin, Su'A
Geez our depth is terrible. Lucky we have that intangible thing that makes QLD competitive because on paper even the NSW b team should beat our first picks

1. Paps
2. Crichton
3. Staggs
4. Talakai
5. Tupou
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. Klemmer
9. Api
10. Lodge
11. Lane
12. TPJ
13. Radley

14. Hynes
etc

Tbh I got lazy by the time I got to the forwards but you get the point

Geez our depth is terrible. Lucky we have that intangible thing that makes QLD competitive because on paper even the NSW b team should beat our first picks

1. Paps
2. Crichton
3. Staggs
4. Talakai
5. Tupou
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. Klemmer
9. Api
10. Lodge
11. Lane
12. TPJ
13. Radley

14. Hynes
etc

Tbh I got lazy by the time I got to the forwards but you get the point

Why are you comparing NSW's B team to our youth team?

Why are you comparing NSW's B team to our youth team?
I wasn’t. I was comparing it to our first team but your youth team being average compared to NSW youth team inspired my post.

especially because our depth is so poor that many of your youth team players are probably also in our b team, if not in discussion for our first team.

Your concept of Youth is vague too. Based on guys like Brimson, Carrigan, Grant, Hetherington then guys I named like Crichton, Staggs, Radley, and Paps count as youth.

I wasn’t. I was comparing it to our first team but your youth team being average compared to NSW youth team inspired my post.

especially because our depth is so poor that many of your youth team players are probably also in our b team, if not in discussion for our first team.

Your concept of Youth is vague too. Based on guys like Brimson, Carrigan, Grant, Hetherington then guys I named like Crichton, Staggs, Radley, and Paps count as youth.

I'm not sure how it is vague, as far as I'm aware, all the players I named are 24 and under.

I'm not sure how it is vague, as far as I'm aware, all the players I named are 24 and under.
So the criterion was under 25?

I’m not trying to have a go at you I just think it’s interesting to compare. I feel like NSW has so much depth at the moments

So the criterion was under 25?

I’m not trying to have a go at you I just think it’s interesting to compare. I feel like NSW has so much depth at the moments

Under 24. And I really don't read too much into depth, the issue is the top end talent per position and our youth looks really good, they will be able to match NSW's youth best.

NSW 24.and under

1. Paps
2. Crichton
3. Staggs
4. Mitchell
5. To’o
6. Burton
7. Cleary
8. Haas
9. Brayley
10. Utoikimanu
11. Cam Murray
12. Olakuatu
13. Radley

14. Shuster

wow that’s a good team. Sorry @Sproj but I don’t think it’s even close.

1. Paps
2. Cobbo
3. Staggs
4. Mitchell
5. Coates
6. Burton
7. Cleary
8. Haas
9. Grant
10. Carrigan
11. Shuster
12. Nanai
13. Tino

It is a case of either / or in a number of positions. The only area NSW is clearly ahead are their centres. I think our forwards are better and the spine is pretty evenly matched. NSW better in the 1 and 7 but Queensland FAR better in the 9.

Should be a fun series for many years to come.

NSW 24.and under

1. Paps
2. Crichton
3. Staggs
4. Mitchell
5. To’o
6. Burton
7. Cleary
8. Haas
9. Brayley
10. Utoikimanu
11. Cam Murray
12. Olakuatu
13. Radley

14. Shuster

wow that’s a good team. Sorry @Sproj but I don’t think it’s even close.

Yeah that's ok, I think you are wrong.

1. Paps
2. Cobbo
3. Staggs
4. Mitchell
5. Coates
6. Burton
7. Cleary
8. Haas
9. Grant
10. Carrigan
11. Shuster
12. Nanai
13. Tino

It is a case of either / or in a number of positions. The only area NSW is clearly ahead are their centres. I think our forwards are better and the spine is pretty evenly matched. NSW better in the 1 and 7 but Queensland FAR better in the 9.

Should be a fun series for many years to come.
I think Coates and Cobbo are not yet better than To’o and Crichton but time will tell. I agree Grant is straight forward the best there. I’d argue Cam Murray, Radley and Shuster are better than Naini Luki and Tjno..

Grant and Carrigan are the only QlD in the 13 that I think win the match up.

I think Coates and Cobbo are not yet better than To’o and Crichton but time will tell. I agree Grant is straight forward the best there. I’d argue Cam Murray, Radley and Shuster are better than Naini Luki and Tjno..

Grant and Carrigan are the only QlD in the 13 that I think win the match up.

Currently for sure you could argue that but all of those guys are further along than the Qlds dudes in their careers and age. I also think Shuster is currently a bit overrated (that doesn't mean he will end up being so, he's very talented).

Holmes and Gagai have been great in the centres this year. Just need to pick some decent wingers next to them.
You know, given the form he has been in, and the need to get sets started off well in origin, oates would not be too far out of contention, particularly if the other wing is coates and fullback is ponga, who are both not known for their strong hit ups.

Currently for sure you could argue that but all of those guys are further along than the Qlds dudes in their careers and age. I also think Shuster is currently a bit overrated (that doesn't mean he will end up being so, he's very talented).
Fair point. Chrichton is the same age as Coates but the forwards are older. It’s actually incredible to me how young so many of those NSW guys are.

I don't understand the Brimson chat. Ponga is levels above him.

On his day ... which are becoming less and less frequent
Ponga has played 1 less game than Brimson and has

More tries
More tackle breaks
Double the average run metres
12 more tackle breaks

Brimson has more try assists.

If Ponga was on 500k, everyone would be picking him for QLD. People just think a bloke is on huge dollars so because he isn't playing to his value he is shit. Same thing has happened with Hunt and Fifita.

Ponga has played 1 less game than Brimson and has

More tries
More tackle breaks
Double the average run metres
12 more tackle breaks

Brimson has more try assists.

If Ponga was on 500k, everyone would be picking him for QLD. People just think a bloke is on huge dollars so because he isn't playing to his value he is shit. Same thing has happened with Hunt and Fifita.
Ponga has played one more game and started in all four, Brimson came off the bench in two of his performances.

Ponga has played one more game and started in all four, Brimson came off the bench in two of his performances.
Wrong and wrong.

Brimson has played 8 games to Ponga 7, and Brimson has started every game at 1 or 6.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • teampjta
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.