State of Origin 2022

I thought Collins was huge for QLD in his 3 games in 2020. I think he's better suited to the bench than Mo as well.
Could always start Mo and bench Carrigan. It's a good luxury to have.

My side would be:

1. Hammer
2. Oates
3. Gagai
4. Holmes
5. Cobbo
6. Munster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Papalii
9. Grant
10. Mo
11. Capewell
12. Nanai
13. Tino

14. Hunt
15. Cotter
16. Flegler
17. Carrigan

18. Arrow

My side would be:

1. Hammer
2. Oates
3. Gagai
4. Holmes
5. Cobbo
6. Munster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Papalii
9. Grant
10. Mo
11. Capewell
12. Nanai
13. Tino

14. Hunt
15. Cotter
16. Flegler
17. Carrigan

18. Arrow
How come Hammer? He isn't even making the starting side for Cows.

Concerned about no edge cover on the bench?

How come Hammer? He isn't even making the starting side for Cows.

Concerned about no edge cover on the bench?

I know the pick of Hammer will be controversial but I just don't think Ponga is going that well and Walsh I fear would get belted at that level and is not used to winning. I also really, really rate Hammer and have said as much for some time. Him not playing fullback is a legitimate concern though.

As for no edge cover on the bench, yes it is a big concern but I think Tino could shift out wide if needed or even Oates in the even of an injury and shift Holmes to wing. I also think Cotter looks mobile enough to cover second row if needed.

I don't think Fifita will be picked as he's been out a while and wasn't great by any means before getting injured. I do also fear this side has a bit too much of a lack of experience on the bench and in that case, would be happy to swap out one of those three for Arrow.

I know the pick of Hammer will be controversial but I just don't think Ponga is going that well and Walsh I fear would get belted at that level and is not used to winning. I also really, really rate Hammer and have said as much for some time. Him not playing fullback is a legitimate concern though.

As for no edge cover on the bench, yes it is a big concern but I think Tino could shift out wide if needed or even Oates in the even of an injury and shift Holmes to wing. I also think Cotter looks mobile enough to cover second row if needed.

I don't think Fifita will be picked as he's been out a while and wasn't great by any means before getting injured. I do also fear this side has a bit too much of a lack of experience on the bench and in that case, would be happy to swap out one of those three for Arrow.
Is Ponga going that badly though? I think he has been the best performing fullback eligible for QLD, even though he is playing nowhere near his NRL pay packet, and I think this is what is causing so many people wanting him to be left out. And for Hammer, he was quite poor at fullback in early rounds, and now hasn't even been able to force himself into the Cowboys side.

On the edge side of things, I think you must have cover, especially with an injury prone Capewell and a debutant Nanai in your side. Arrow would be ideal for this as he also covers middle, much like Crighton for NSW.

IMO, your side has too many unnecessary risks/changes.

Ponga strikes me as someone happy to coast for the most part. I haven't been impressed by him this season.

To be a fly on the wall during that convo with Wayno, wherein he challenged him to go to the next level - Ponga had his nose out of joint about something and soon after re-signed with the Knights. I wonder what was said...

Even with those 2 and Best, they have so many centres available who are arguably better than all our options.

Crighton, Staggs, Graham and Talakai would all make our side.

Agreed but Turbo and Lattrell can roam the field and win a game single handedly

I think it sounds like Patty is a likely in for origin 1.

I think Ponga has been good the past couple of games. He's getting more involved and trying to create opportunities rather than standing around in the back play.

If he can keep that up, I'm happy to give him the fullback role.

I'm expecting something like this to be named.

1. Ponga
2. Oates
3. Holmes
4. Gagai
5. Coates
6. Munster
7. DCE
8. Papalii
9. Grant
10. Patty
11. Capewell
12. Kaufusi
13. Tino

14. Hunt
15. Flegler
16. Arrow
17. Cotter
18. Nanai

so if grant is out, does hunt slot in? and that open up a bench spot

With the recent Haas news I'm on board with the @Wolfie train of thought with Origin. I hope Patty takes the opportunity to legally belt the shit out of him all game.

If Flegs is in, I fear for Payne's safety.
If He Dies Ivan Drago GIF

Active Now

• sooticus
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • Aldo
  • lynx000
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.