State of Origin 2023 - Game I Discussion

It begins

Mahoney was a Cat 2.

Gould said yesterday they were applying for the exemption for Mahoney. It sounds as though he wasn't showing any symptoms yesterday and from my understanding doesn't have a history of concussions.

From my understanding, he wasn't actually diagnosed with a concussion. The independent doctor never diagnosed him with a concussion and neither did the team doctor.

He was ruled out for the remainder of the Origin match because players have to wait 15 minutes to re-enter play when they go off for a HIA. There was less than 15 minutes left of play when he went off.

how long before clubs start abusing that loophole to the 11 day stand down rule.

Freddy has lost the plot.

Wow ! The NRL ambassador to New York . Grub it up Freddy .
TPJ failed in the grub stakes so up the ante . Will last about 15 mins and give away 3 penalties .

how long before clubs start abusing that loophole to the 11 day stand down rule.

They are assessed by several doctors including an independent doctor which also consists of a follow up and when appealing have to be cleared by an independent neurologist.

Superleague stands them down for a minimum of 12 days no matter what. Nothing you can do to get it reduced.

Superleague stands them down for a minimum of 12 days no matter what. Nothing you can do to get it reduced.
I think they allow for challenges to the 11 day stand down, because they don't want players missing the grand final due to a technicality (especially if they're good to go).

I think they allow for challenges to the 11 day stand down, because they don't want players missing the grand final due to a technicality (especially if they're good to go).
Is that here or in the UK you are talking about. As far as I'm aware in Superleague is 12 days no matter what

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Mustafur
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Johnny92
  • Organix
  • Brotherdu
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Strop
  • broncsgoat
  • Volvo Driver
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Midean
  • Justwin
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • RodF
  • LittleDavey
  • Nerd
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
... and 62 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.