State of Origin 2023 - Game I Discussion

Cleary’s vein celebration isn’t even original, the Bulldogs in the AFL did it first.
Yep. Imagine copying Bailey Smith and thinking you won’t look like a flog.

Buzzed has written a bitch piece in the SMH about Smith being allowed to be on 9 and in the change room at half time coaching.
Fucking hypocrite overlooks Alexander's bias during every Panthers game and every Bronco game.

Did he mention the NSW assistant coach who did the same ... a guy by the name of Andrew Johns

I'd pay Haas a million or so for the Broncos and he'd be great to keep long term, but at this stahe he doesn't have another level for Origin. Typical nswelshem lmao
I think that's harsh. He made the most meters out of the NSW forwards and a couple of metres less than Carrigan.

He did what a frf should do and that is make meters. It's just that the halves and FB couldn't make anything happen in attack.

So if NSW lose this series, does Fittler face the sack?

That would be 3 of the past 4 series lost despite having the superior side on paper. Pretty much since QLD have got their shit together after those two bad years in '18/'19, QLD have been the more successful side of the two.
I’d be happy if he continued. He’s a big part of their problem.

Tedesco butchering an easy try to fox by being a ball hog.

He could have scored himself if he just didn't do that stupid little step. That gave us time to recover from what happened with the decoy runners and stop Tedesco from scoring.

If he had just pinned the ears back the moment he got the ball, he scores. Of course if he just passed to Fox, he scores as well.

Tedesco was rubbish last night. Especially in the second half with those poor efforts in all 3 of our tries.

He's not an origin forward. He did OK but we handled him just fine.
I disagree. NSW had a game plan using Haas that they just didn’t capitalise on. They gave him every 2nd run, he’d stand upright and get that same quick play the ball that does nothing because the defensive players hold him up while the defensive line get back onside, then they were hoping they could capitalise on a broken line but weren’t able to. This didn’t work the first time so they tried it again the very next play. Haas wasn’t the issue, their expectations and use of him was.

There's a reason I said in the pre season predictions Tedesco would be replaced by JoSu. It's been obvious to me he's lost half a step of acceleration and agility, which is his main strength. The second issue is that he now thinks he's a ball player too, and gets involved wayyy too much each set.

You're a ball runner James, always have been and always will be. Don't overplay your hand.

His last season of rep - will be replaced by Mitchell imo.

I disagree. NSW had a game plan using Haas that they just didn’t capitalise on. They gave him every 2nd run, he’d stand upright and get that same quick play the ball that does nothing because the defensive players hold him up while the defensive line get back onside, then they were hoping they could capitalise on a broken line but weren’t able to. This didn’t work the first time so they tried it again the very next play. Haas wasn’t the issue, their expectations and use of him was.

Never seen him dominate in Origin once. He played like he does at club level. Makes his meters and plenty of them, he always will but he doesn't go up a level in Origin like you see from the really great Origin forwards.

I guarantee you that if he played for QLD, no one would have that opinion.
We have a different mentality though. NSWelshman don't have the same attitude as we do as much as they go on about it. Origin isn't about ability.

Turbo should be gone big mistake picking him

Never seen him dominate in Origin once. He played like he does at club level. Makes his meters and plenty of them, he always will but he doesn't go up a level in Origin like you see from the really great Origin forwards.
Because their game plan doesn’t suit him. He was one dimensional because that was obviously their plan. But he should have been looking for those offloads. I hate that I’m defending a NSW player and you know I dislike Haas as a person as much as you do, but they just don’t use him correctly.

Watching the Fox Sports replay, Ennis can be hard to listen to sometimes.

When Hammer almost makes that break down the sideline, but gets tripped over by Taulagi and taken over the sideline, apparently that was smart play from Trbojevic "letting" Hammer have that space on the edge to trick him into taking it..

I don't know what he was watching but if Taulagi doesn't trip Hammer by getting in his way, that's a try to QLD or at the very least QLD are playing the ball in NSW's 20 against a staggered defensive line.

Trbojevic was very slow to react.

He made 27 tackles last night and didn't have a miss- he was great in the middle amongst guys who are more agile and nimble than him he defended his arse off all night.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • bert_lifts
  • Footy Fanatic
  • mystico
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Allo
  • The Don
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Rambstien
  • Alec
  • Behold
  • Sproj
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.