State Of Origin - Game 1 - Post Match Discussion

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Queensland 16-12 New South Wales.

Looking forward to the excuses the Blues come up with. Wow they are so grubby. Jennings was brilliant for the Blues scum. If Qld took there opportunities we would have won comfortably IMO.

Onya Parker, stand upto that dirty prick Bird icon_thumbs_u

Dugan lolz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was Soward on the field?

Thank God we won that one.

Apart from a few stages of excellence we played like shit AND still won.

Who will be the sacrificial lamb?

Soward went pretty well, not influential enough since he has bugger all passing game but his kicking was good.

GCBRONCO said:
Onya Parker, stand upto that dirty prick Bird icon_thumbs_u

+1 my respect for PArker has grown cause he showed he has a pair.

Bird and Beau Scott are shit c*nts. Last tackle of the game and Beau Scott decides to throw in a grapple tackle and Bird the woman bashing piece of shit decides to try and throw some. His dad should have settled for a blow job that magical night in the middle of Buttf*ck NSW.

Tonga showed a huge heart, he was hurt for nearly the whole game.
Billy Slater - How many times has this bloke done something awesome to win a game for QLD?
Matt Scott is hands down the best prop in the game.
Cam Smith = genius.
Darren Lockyer is a god.
Ash Harrison will get 0 wraps but he had a great game was our 2nd best forward behind Scott.

If that is the best NSW have then we are 6 easily. Their forwards were softcocks, King and Snowden were embarassing. Pearce had nothing, Dugan was average at best. Scott and Bird are dogs.

We can all see why we lost. We need to build on this for game 2. Good job NSW.

Agreed my love for Corey has grown astronomically. icon_thumbs_u

Slater has scored 3 match winning tries according to memory.

2008 Game 3
2010 Game 3
2011 Game 1

Honestly that 2008 Game 3 was awesome... decider and all! =)

Matt Scott was an absolute powerhouse out there tonight.

Wow matt scott was unbelievable without a doubt best prop in the game atm

Je$ter said:
Ash Harrison will get 0 wraps but he had a great game was our 2nd best forward behind Scott.

This x 10000

Harrison is such an unsung hero, he was fantastic tonight and has never let us down before.

Apart from giving Bird a couple of love taps at the end of the match, I don't think Parker did very much to cement his place for game 2. Likewise with Lillyman, I thought he was pretty ordinary tonight. I didn't like how JT seemed to have a go at him after his forward pass **** up when he first came on. I know we were under pressure, but you should always back your team mates.

Queensland were their own worst enemy when NSW came back. The Blues still played well, particularly in defence, but seemed to catch Queensland napping. Silly errors, slack defence and JT missing the conversion and penalty almost came back to haunt us big time.

We can take confidence in our ability to recover though, and we can learn from the mistakes we made too. But a lot of work needs to be done if we want to win on their turf IMO.

We got away with one there, certainly not one of our better performances at origin level that's for sure.

Matt Scott was my MOM

8. Matthew Scott Prop 1 15 (155m)
10. Petero Civoniceva Prop 2 15 (146m)

8. Jason King Prop 1 4 (25m)
10. Kade Snowden Prop 2 6 (56m)

pwn.jpg

I only saw the last 5 minutes of the game. But I have it recorded and am watching it in the morning.
Obviously I can't make a judgement on the performance of the Blues, but after Gasnier's fumble I was impressed to see them running in to pack the scrum with 40 seconds left on the clock. The Blues of the last five years would've fallen to the ground in a crying heap at that point, but this squad looks to have a lot of heart. I'm optimistic.

Matt Scott was massive. Not sure if NSW had any props out there though.

Queensland obviously were lacking a lot of strike.
With Hodges and Inglis back that should improve. They will also bring Boyd and Yow Yeh into the game far more.

NSW were right in it though. A few changes (Hayne) and they are a really good chance.
Gallen complaining about Queensland holding down was the funniest thing I have ever heard.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • MrRobot
  • Broncorob
  • something
  • broncoscope
  • ChewThePhatt
  • pennywisealfie
  • Justwin
  • bb_gun
  • Jazza
  • Allo
  • The True King
  • Wolfie
  • Midean
  • bazza
  • Mustafur
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Battler
  • Culhwch
  • Santa
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.