State of Origin - Game 3 - Post Match Discussion

first in best dressed general admission for 90% of tickets, first in best dressed of the members for the other 10%.

not everyone who is a member should get a guaranteed origin ticket if they do decide they want it. just because youre a broncos member shouldnt mean you have more of a right to a QLD vs NSW state of origin match than someone whos not a broncos member.

it would be completely solved by having all of 0% of the tickets reserved, and 100% available to the general public.

why *should* they?
Because that's one of the perks of the membership people pay for!

That's how it works everywhere else in the world, where stadiums who host rep games, offer them in advance to their members and to the members who calls the stadium their "home", which sometimes is one and the same thing.

Want to be assured of Origin tickets? Get a membership, be it Broncos or QRL if you don't support the Broncos. You can get the tickets with the membership, or you can just pay to support your team and/or state and have the right to get guaranteed tickets when the time comes. You then only need to make sure you order the tickets on the day you have in advance of the general public.

If you're a Suncorp Stadium member, you keep your seat anyway, as you should!

What I wouldn't agree with, is Broncos members taking tickets away from QRL members, but as of now, that isn't happening yet.

Agree with Porthoz 1000%. Members pay good money to support the game so they should of course get priority over those that don't. What I think they should've done was give members a priority window for say a couple of weeks and when that window closes, all remaining tickets then go on sale to the public. Instead they kept trying to sell those maroon memberships.

And to charge $40 extra for the privilege of getting tickets early was a joke.

Why shouldn't members have priority?

They should but not to the extent of 45,000 tickets when there is only one game at Suncorp that year.

One possible solution would be to allocate 1/3 of the tickets to members but they have to be on waiting list, if you get tickets or pass up on them then you go back to the end of the list and that would carry over each year.

first in best dressed general admission for 90% of tickets, first in best dressed of the members for the other 10%.

not everyone who is a member should get a guaranteed origin ticket if they do decide they want it. just because youre a broncos member shouldnt mean you have more of a right to a QLD vs NSW state of origin match than someone whos not a broncos member.

it would be completely solved by having all of 0% of the tickets reserved, and 100% available to the general public.

why *should* they?

Because that is part of the deal when you become a member. It's an enticement to help them sell memberships

Because that's one of the perks of the membership people pay for!

That's how it works everywhere else in the world, where stadiums who host rep games, offer them in advance to their members and to the members who calls the stadium their "home", which sometimes is one and the same thing.

Want to be assured of Origin tickets? Get a membership, be it Broncos or QRL if you don't support the Broncos. You can get the tickets with the membership, or you can just pay to support your team and/or state and have the right to get guaranteed tickets when the time comes. You then only need to make sure you order the tickets on the day you have in advance of the general public.

If you're a Suncorp Stadium member, you keep your seat anyway, as you should!

What I wouldn't agree with, is Broncos members taking tickets away from QRL members, but as of now, that isn't happening yet.

Can not agree with this more. If it upsets you so much then get a membership. I use my hard earned to get a broncos membership, so why shouldn't I get this perk?

They should but not to the extent of 45,000 tickets when there is only one game at Suncorp that year.

One possible solution would be to allocate 1/3 of the tickets to members but they have to be on waiting list, if you get tickets or pass up on them then you go back to the end of the list and that would carry over each year.
Why the hell should I go on a waiting list to make sure someone else who has no membership has a chance at getting a ticket, while I may only go once every 3 years, even though I pay good money for my membership?

Many teams in the world have waiting lists for memberships, because those are the ones that guarantee a ticket to the games.

The only thing I agree with, is that there should always be a percentage of the stadium allocated to the opponent's fans, and even then, the sale of those tickets should be regulated to make sure it ends up in the right hands.

I agree members get first crack but only for a reasonable quota of tickets, say 25% of the stadium if they miss out join the queue with everyone else.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Mustafur
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Foordy
  • jd87
  • Brocko
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Harry Sack
  • TimWhatley
  • Stix
  • Johnny92
  • Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.