State of Origin I - QLD vs NSW - Live Discussion

What was with interviewing Freddy a couple of minutes into the second half? Guy couldn't have sounded more distracted. Great television, Nine!

Important question. Does Mitchell have the most punchable face in the game?

Great effort, boys. Drop Chambers, and on to game two!

Without a doubt, and is clearly a dumb **** too. What he was doing taking Gillett off the ball like that is beyond me

Still can't get over that non penalty try. Just amazed.

Talk about a game of two halves. That set on their try line where we let them only make about 15m was a real momentum shift. Chambers comfortably the worst of the QLD side IMO. Hunt was pretty ordinary in the first half, but really turned it around in the second. Munster likewise. Ponga....just excellent. Figured out how to win, just cut Chambers out and give it to Dane "I just grew another leg" Gagai. DCE was excellent. Pappali and Kaufusi were great as well. Napa? Meh. Happy to get the win, but a few things need some tinkering. The **** was the point of Mbye? I just knew Kevvie would pull a Milford with him. At least Moses wasn't expected to come on and win the game. Did not even realise Walker was playing until he was hooked.

All the talk about Haas being the next big thing, and no doubt he is.

But boy oh boy, I said it last year and I’ll say it again, Fifita is the real one to watch (I know, hardly news, but people have been waxing lyrical about Haas, Fifita barely seems to gets a mention this year).

Fifita was a beast off the bench. He’s going to be the most damaging backrower in the comp in a couple of years time, if not sooner.

Just think about this, in 12 months, he’s gone from MM to SOO and he’s looked better each time he’s stepped up.

Scary to think where he’ll end up if he keeps it up.

He was the incumbent hooker. Hunt isn't a hooker. Pay more attention.
But still your first thought after an epic win was about a player who wasn’t there. I am paying attention to the guys out there and you watch every game trying to justify your crap opinions. I am surprised you haven’t declared Hunt to be a God (but obviously a lesser God to Turpin).

With the greatest respect to gags, this is a crock of shit.

Ponga was easily the best player on the field.

Gags had a great game but KP was other worldly

Have to disagree here. Gagai contributed so much in attack, but he also contributed so much in defense too. If he didn't make those defensive efforts, NSW probably score at least a couple more tries that way, Chambers just made so many bad decisions.

Ponga's first half was a bit meh.

Didn't do much in attack, wasn't coming up in support like a fullback should. His second half was much better, he stepped up and came up with two crucial plays with one ending up being the match-winning play.

For Gagai, he was good the whole game and scored two crucial tries. I think Gagai deserves MOTM.

All the talk about Haas being the next big thing, and no doubt he is.

But boy oh boy, I said it last year and I’ll say it again, Fifita is the real one to watch (I know, hardly news, but people have been waxing lyrical about Haas, Fifita barely seems to gets a mention this year).

Fifita was a beast off the bench. He’s going to be the most damaging backrower in the comp in a couple of years time, if not sooner.

Just think about this, in 12 months, he’s gone from MM to SOO and he’s looked better each time he’s stepped up.

Scary to think where he’ll end up if he keeps it up.
Which is exactly why he's more of a priority signing than TPJ.... I've yet to see him have a down game in terms of attitude and work rate.

His defence may be off at times, but he's always trying and always looking to turn the momentum.

I reckon he's just a guy that hates to lose

Which is exactly why he's more of a priority signing than TPJ.... I've yet to see him have a down game in terms of attitude and work rate.

His defence may be off at times, but he's always trying and always looking to turn the momentum.

I reckon he's just a guy that hates to lose

This is why he needs more minutes for us. He’s a freak

Outside of some of the QLD players.. Teddy is a superstar. I just don’t understand how a guy his size moves like he does. Watched it love and just watched it on replay.. there aren’t too many players like him. His error in the last 15 min though brought a lot of happiness to our section of the stadium.

Unfortunately i missed most of the first half (damn family commitments!), however i think tonight's game proved that origin is largely won by running harder and hitting harder than the other team. The line speed of the QLD defence was awesome and kept NSW pegged down their end. The QLD tactic of spreading the ball to prevent the blues defence from compacting meant the forwards werent being gang tackled and sped the ruck speed up. Great game.

Active Now

• Maddy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Morkel
  • Accept
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Hurrijo
  • Spoon
  • pennywisealfie
  • Allo
  • Porthoz
  • Fitzy
  • Cavalo
  • Broncorob
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • kman
  • Wild Horse
  • achievedrap
  • Rookie Alan
  • Bish
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.