State of Origin II - NSW v Queensland - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
[TWEET]472271077993766913[/TWEET]

So that is both Morris brothers basically wiped out for Game 2.

Will Hopoate & Jorge Taufua to come in I suppose.

Last edited:
We should really target the left but we always do anyway with GI out there. Tafua will be a bit of a weakness IMO. Hopoate is a bloody good player I think he will go ok.

If DCE is out.

1. Billy Slater
2. Darius Boyd
3. Brent Tate/Will Chambers
4. Justin Hodges
5. Dale Copley/Brent Tate
6. Greg Inglis
7. Johnathan Thurston

I think Qld will go alright. Most of them have played on the biggest stages in the rugby league world. I'm pretty sure playing in front of a bunch of clowns in blue wigs won't phase them.

Would like to see Mansour get a run. Quality winger with great strength and drive. Hoppa will go well so there is no worries there.

If DCE is out.

1. Billy Slater
2. Darius Boyd
3. Brent Tate/Will Chambers
4. Justin Hodges
5. Dale Copley/Brent Tate
6. Greg Inglis
7. Johnathan Thurston

What happens if Slater is out? He could bow out like he did last year despite Meninga potentially rushing the injury to get him in
Surely Inglis to FB and Milford to the bench

I kind of made the origin chat thread for this kind of thing but another origin thread can never be a bad thing. ;)

I am excited as hell to see hopoate in the blues. He is massively overrated. He is living off the hype from 2 years ago. Has done nothing this year to suggest hes rep material. Solid at best. Inglis will destroy their right side if its hopo and tafua.

If Slater is out Inglis drops back to 1 so who comes into the centres or wing if Tate comes in?

Will Chambers.

Ari wasn't lying when he said Queensland's backline depth is poor.

What happens if Slater is out? He could bow out like he did last year despite Meninga potentially rushing the injury to get him in
Surely Inglis to FB and Milford to the bench

I don't think Milford should be thrown into that kind of role yet.

If he is to play, I would prefer it to be on the wing.

If Slater is out, Inglis moves to fullback and my next choice half would be Michael Morgan because he has played with Thurston at club level and he has more experience in the role than Ben Hunt.

Will Chambers.

It looks like NSW would have the wood on us in the near future when it comes to the backline. Hopefully it's a problem that will be solved sooner rather than later. But I can't help but feel it would be the 90's and early 2000's all over again where NSW have the stronger sides.

Last edited:
Will Chambers.

Willie Tonga and Copley have both played better than Chambers this year. He has had a shocker this year.

Chambers does not deserve a call up. He's not been poor, but he's just not in good form. I'd move Tate to Left Centre, Inglis to Fullback (if Slater is out) and I'm still undecided on a Winger - Vidot?

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Tate
6. Thurston
7. DCE (Hunt if DCE is unfit)

OR...

1. Inglis
2. Boyd
3. Tate
4. Hodges
5. Vidot
6. Thurston

I really don't want Chambers playing for QLD...but on the other hand, Inglis getting ball with room to move for once is fucking welcome too (since they don't seem to want to give him early ball in the centres)

Chambers does not deserve a call up. He's not been poor, but he's just not in good form. I'd move Tate to Left Centre, Inglis to Fullback (if Slater is out) and I'm still undecided on a Winger - Vidot?

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Tate
6. Thurston

OR...

1. Inglis
2. Boyd
3. Tate
4. Hodges
5. Vidot
6. Thurston

I personally rather the second team but I'm betting Slater will play. Great if he has a good game but crap for Inglis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Horseheadsup
  • Dash
  • Brocko
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Lozza
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Scorchie
  • Fitzy
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.