State of Origin III - Queensland vs NSW - Pre-Match Discussion

Aye, shame for McGuire who deserves to be there but the truth of the matter is that the best young talents Queensland have coming through all play in positions that are covered.

Front row is only covered by Mal's selection standards.

it's a dead rubber wing spot, no pressure what-so-ever and a good chance to blood for future purposes.

All this talk about game 3 being a dead rubber, having no pressure and we have nothing to lose is horseshit IMO.

We still have plenty to play for. I'm sure nobody wants the cockroaches to take the series in a 3-0 whitewash !!.

Personally ....because of the first two games being so tight and losing game two in "suspicious" circumstances, I for one could think of no better way to reinstall to the RL public just who is the real dominant RL state is then coming out and belting the absolute shit out of NSW.

Yes and the McGuire omission is really the only poor selection to come out of it and personally I don't rate him in that Anthony Milford and Jake Friend category.

All this talk about game 3 being a dead rubber, having no pressure and we have nothing to lose is horseshit IMO.

Didn't realise you were from NSW, Fourex.

Was talking about it from their perspective. I don't understand going for a safe option...who really isn't safe...when they have better wingers who offer more and would pose a bigger threat.

Last edited:
Didn't realise you were from NSW, Fourex.

Was talking about it from their perspective.

Wash out that filthy mouth of yours Pete ......

(sorry, I read your earlier comment all wrong......:stoned: )

I am just over the backrower obsession TBH.

Sorry, a can of XXXX and reciting the Queensland victory song will absolve me of my sins right?

I agree with your sentiment - which is why I don't think it's a game where you throw in Anthony Milford, Jake Friend, James Segeyaro, Corey Oates or Dylan Napa (albeit, wouldn't be against him posing as 18th man or something) for the sake of blooding. Origin is Origin and I want the last laugh.

Aye, shame for McGuire who deserves to be there but the truth of the matter is that the best young talents Queensland have coming through all play in positions that are covered.

Are you Scottish or a pirate? Both are cool.

Let's all just hope none of our backs are injured because Michael Morgan could be our winger.

Chambers....

If this is the team for Game 1, 2015, it'll be Mal's last series.

But the "Dynasty 8" should get the last say in a final last hurrah.

Surely this is Hodgo's last game?

Shayne Hayne has been dropped from origin 3. But apparently not for performance according to Archer. Though he doesn't specify the reason if it's not performance based.

THE NRL’s leading referee Shayne Hayne has been dropped from State of Origin, with Gerard Sutton replacing him for Game Three.

Hayne has been heavily criticised for his refereeing this series, with Blues coach Laurie Daley complaining about his performance in the lead up to Game Two.

Daley even sought a meeting with Hayne to clarify his interpretations, a meeting Queensland coach Mal Meninga remains furious over.

Ben Cummins will be the senior referee for Origin III at Suncorp Stadium on July 9.

NRL referees manager Tony Archer said Sutton would be making his Origin debut as an assistant referee.

“Gerard Sutton was close to selection for the first two matches and refereed this year’s City v Country fixture,” Mr Archer said.

He was also the standby referee for the first two Origin matches in this series.
“The change in the team is not a reflection on the performance of the referees in the first two games — we were comfortable with their performances.

“Shayne Hayne remains one of our top referees and, subject to form, I would expect him to feature in the Finals series.”

Error Page

qld only have one hayne to contend with for game 3.

Who's the worst ref in the NRL? Hayne, Cecchin or Badger?

Badger or Maxwell.

Klein is up there too. Really not a fan of his style and think he's too open minded. Biggest example I can remember was him going up-stairs for a penalty try for the Cowboys last year against the Broncos. Not only did he deny the Cowboys a golden opportunity as the due process allowed the Broncos line to be reset, but he lost complete control over the tackle count. I think the Cowboys ended up with an 8 tackle set...

Then of course was his role in the ridiculous one punch your off fiasco. If he did his job the first time around, the game would be so much better for it.

Last edited:
Can both sides please put away the grub for once and throw the bloody football around.

Series is over, at least make it entertaining for neutrals.

I like what Queensland is doing in relation to bringing in a couple of young guys each camp to try and get them ready (Hunt, Milford, Morgan, McGuire), I think it'll prove beneficial in a couple of years time when they get their call up.

That's something that's bothered me lately...

Did people forget how amazing Game I was?

Sure, the result didn't go the Maroons way so automatically it's a crap game for Maroons fans but in terms of sheer quality, there weren't much better.

And maybe it's the fact I've been watching a lot of 80s Rugby League lately where every ruck seems like a war, but the second game was fun to watch because there was a lot of emotion and a lot of factors to it. The only problem was, it felt like a game set up for the Maroons and a bunch of their players literally dropped the ball at the wrong time.

If Queensland had have won, it would be remembered as this extremely brave victory where they had to contend with so many injuries and in the heart of NSW, it would be remembered fondly.

Instead, it's remembered as the game NSW won and how they didn't care they did it, just the fact they won the series and that's disappointing. Sort of like the 2007 dead-rubber which should be remembered as a classic but instead is more of a hidden gem.

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.