State of Origin III - Queensland vs NSW - Pre-Match Discussion

Instead, it's remembered as the game NSW won and how they didn't care they did it, just the fact they won the series and that's disappointing. Sort of like the 2007 dead-rubber which should be remembered as a classic but instead is more of a hidden gem.

Dead rubbers should get a bit more credit but by and large they're largely forgotten. It's a real shame but it's true. Was 2007 the one we had all those injuries? It was a herculean effort by the Maroons to hang on as long as they did.

2003 is another one. Queensland romped it home despite losing the first two games. For mine, it's up their with some of our greatest victories from the streak. It's largely forgotten though.

Will Chambers has been copping it for his selection. Does anyone rate him? I think he's a good player. I hope he goes well.

It reminds me of 2006 with Adam Mogg. He wasn't really setting the world on fire for the Raiders. It prompted the NSW media to label him "Adam Who?". Mal thought his size and strength could be a real asset. The rest is history. He scored a double and made a fine debut.

I hope Chambers goes all right.

Will Chambers has been copping it for his selection. Does anyone rate him? I think he's a good player. I hope he goes well.

It reminds me of 2006 with Adam Mogg. He wasn't really setting the world on fire for the Raiders. It prompted the NSW media to label him "Adam Who?". Mal thought his size and strength could be a real asset. The rest is history. He scored a double and made a fine debut.

i don't think he'll let anyone down that's for sure. he has size and speed, not sure how he goes under the high ball though?

I'm more worried that cronk is risking further injury by playing, i mean it's a dead rubber after all, there's not much for him to prove although i hope he orchestrates a flogging for the cocky blues. 30-0 would be sweet

As long as Cronk leads QLD to a massive victory he can break his arm again late in the game. Afterall, we do have to play Melbourne twice in our run home.

He hasn't been good this year at all. Previous years maybe, but he got in because I'm fairly sure the selectors only watched last weeks games this season.

Maybe they watched our game against the Sharks too. If he truly was in contention leading into that game, Copley did everything possible to play himself out of it.

Yeah...I rate him. I rate him higher in the centres though. His defence, or his positioning in defence on the wing is suspect.

TBH ....I would've preferred Willie Tonga on the wing. I think he has the same wing deficiencies, but his experience might have counted for something.

Anyone know who the video refs are? IMO they were crucial to the blues win in Sydney. If Luke Patten is one of them don't expect any decisions to go our way . I am still disgusted they gave this dude a game in game 2. How can we ever trust a game official who is on public record defending Galllens unprovoked assault on Myles last year. I would also keep a close watch on him for any bias in Bronocs games.All I want is for origin games to be refed in exactly the same way as the NRL. Just because it's origin doesn't mean facial massages and high shotts and swinging arms are an acceptable part of the game.How hard is for boneheads like Hayne to get that through their thick heads? I don't discount a conspiracy theory that the blues got a green light before game 2 to take extra time in the hold downs and to put plenty of niggle in.
As for the actual game we should win if JT and Gi play to their potential. I don't mind giving Dave Taylor another shot to redeem himself. I have always liked Chambers as a player. He is one guy who can find his way to the try line .

How is Luke Patton still employed as a video ref? He is woeful. It's hard to think of a video ref stuff up that he hasn't been involved in

Maybe they watched our game against the Sharks too. If he truly was in contention leading into that game, Copley did everything possible to play himself out of it.

Agree 100%. A good game against the Sharks would have been enough, I suspect. Hopefully he learns from it and has a good end to the year.

Not having a go at Mal at all but he has come across as a hypocrite regarding the Will Chambers incident.

Not having a go at Mal at all but he has come across as a hypocrite regarding the Will Chambers incident.
Yeah, glad you're not having a go at Mal... :rolleyes:

Now Daley is calling Maroon fans fair weather supporters. Lol 2for1 tickets anyone

Where?

Daley seemed to be saying all the right things before the win. Now that he got a pretty flukey Origin series win under his belt he's becoming all talk.

Not necessarily, Bman. All Chambers is guilty of is not being in bed by 8. Unlike Pearce...who was fined and suspended.

"It's quite disappointing that it's not a sell out," Daley said.

"Every Origin game is unique and this one will be no different.
"It's always tough coming up here and it would good for them (Queensland fans) to let (the Maroons) know that regardless that they've lost this series we're still behind you and supporting you.
"I'm sure their team would expect for that support base to be there."

Daley disappointed Origin III not a sell-out - NRL.com

Are the only comments I can find from Laurie which is fair enough from him.

Can you blame Suncorp not selling out after the refereeing performance in game two? Why support inept and/or corrupt officiating with your hard earned cash after your team just got shafted? I still want to see a packed house and a maroons win by 20+ points, but the NRL has to get a taste of the viewing public's displeasure in the shit house refereeing this year.

Can't blame the refereeing performance on bad attendances, been plenty worse than Game II 2014.

I just think it's terrible pricing and the fact that it's a dead rubber that's stalled sales. Hard to justify $200 to potentially watch the Maroons get swept.

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncorob
  • Bish
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • Pablo
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Tmac
  • Waynesaurus
  • mieko
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.