State of Origin ticket prices set to soar

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

The Category 3 “cheap” seats are now $245 a pop. But you do get a sticker. And a wig. Now we know that there is no such thing as a bad seat at Suncorp Stadium, and we know that it is Origin.

This is getting fucking ridiculous. Who does the NRL and QRL think made origin what it is today? Fat corporate wankers who see the game as an event, and dont even care who wins, or the loyal, passionate qlders who will spend a good portion of their pay to take the family to the game. $245 for the worst seat in the house is FUCKING obscene. I cant remember the last game in QLD i didnt attend, but they can get fucked if they think im paying $245 to sit in the nosebleeds.

absolute bullshit is what that is.

like yourself, cant even remember the last origin in QLD that i didnt go to. maybe 1997? although we went to the super league tri series QLD matches that year, which kinda counts, so probably either 1997 or 1996 depending on your view on super league.

but i will not be paying $250 for the worst seat in the house. **** you NRL. theyre certainly doing their best to F rugby league in the A.

My 9yo son has just got mad keen into footy. He would be dead keen to go to the Origin games next year. That'd be, what, $400 a game? $800 total? I think I'd rather hire a holiday house for a week during school holidays (you could just about do it for $800). Absolute garbage.

David Smith should have a bullet through his brain. The guy is a fucking scum bag. Lets start abusing the fucking assholes on FB.

The shocking thing is though. Suncorp will still sell out 2 games and the prices will be justified. The only way to send a message is to have the stadium pretty much empty. But, then if that happens NSW will jump on and say that QLDers don't value Origin and they should never get a game again. Lose/Lose.

The shocking thing is though. Suncorp will still sell out 2 games and the prices will be justified. The only way to send a message is to have the stadium pretty much empty. But, then if that happens NSW will jump on and say that QLDers don't value Origin and they should never get a game again. Lose/Lose.
theyll sell out but there will be plenty of empty seats.

the state of origins up here will turn into broncos games - huge numbers, noone actually cheering or even caring. itll be all corporates who dont even care about the footy, just there to try and butter up clients/potential clients.

Brilliant work commission charging a fortune for shitty seats. Get your shit together Dave smith and the commission.

The $245 are for both Origin games, right? :scared:

Guess I've seen my last Origin live. Or purchased any kind of Origin merch.

Pretty sure those prices are for the "maroons membership" tickets and not normal general admission!

They had the same this year and they we're quite expensive s well but you could still buy normal tix.

Even still the normal tickets are quite expensive.

Even still the normal tickets are quite expensive.

the article doesn't mention the normal tickets it only discusses the maroons membership prices!

I agree ticket prices are expensive in general but there's no way normal tickets will be anywhere near the quoted prices!

the article doesn't mention the normal tickets it only discusses the maroons membership prices!

I agree ticket prices are expensive in general but there's no way normal tickets will be anywhere near the quoted prices!

I dunno. You couldnt buy a ticket in the bottom 2 levels of the stadium this year without being part of the "Maroon Membership". The only general public tickets were level 3. Whats to say they just havent widened the "maroon membership" crap to be the entire stadium

Meh, I'd rather watch it at home where the beer is cheap, I don't have to stand in line to piss and I can have all you can eat Bacon and Cheese cheerios.

David Smith should have a bullet through his brain. The guy is a ****ing scum bag. Lets start abusing the ****ing assholes on FB.

Umm, the NRL has nothing to do with it - this is QRL cashing in our their own success.

Been to every Suncorp Origin from 2008-2011, now that they're forcing you to buy "Maroon memberships" at exorbitant prices I wont be going again.

Last edited:
Umm, the NRL has nothing to do with it - this is QRL cashing in our their own success.

Been to every Suncorp Origin from 2008-2011, now that they're forcing you to buy "Maroon memberships" at exorbitant prices I wont be going again.

Yes - I thought tickets this year were ridiculous so I did some research into ticketing and the NRL, Suncorp Stadium or Ticketek have nothing to do with the prices - it is all QRL.

I actually emailed them about it and said that the best seats 10 years ago were $75 and this year are $175 and the bird that emailed me back said that $100 increase in 10 years is less than inflation. Turn it up!!!

No way will I be attending at those prices. Nothing would satisfy me more than seeing 10,000 spare seats at Origin 1 as a result of this, but it will never happen because the QRL can easily offload to corporate. Bloody joke.

My Broncos season tickets are $240 - 12 games for $5 less than the cheapest seat at 1 Origin game.

The other big problem is the QRL's allocation for general public tickets.

When I logged on at 9am to try and get tickets this year it told me it was sold out and the only way to get tickets was to buy a Maroon membership. It seems there were really only a handful of bays available for the general public with the majority reserved for corporates & Maroon memberships.

Active Now

• Organix
  • mystico
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • Xzei
  • cento
  • Mr Fourex
  • bazza
  • Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Strop
  • Broncosgirl
  • kman
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.