OFFICIAL Stephen Kearney Sacked

Kearney was better than expected, I never thought the Warriors would have a season like 2018. I couldn't believe it when they smashed the Roosters and the form Dragons without Johnson - a year or two earlier and they wouldn't have shown up.

However he did all that he could for them and when they needed guidance on where to go, Kearney didn't seem to have any new ideas.

It's tough to let him go during this time, but it gives an aspiring coach an opportunity to ply his trade and allows the Warriors to enter the market. The rumour is Nathan Brown which I don't like at all, but he has plenty of fans and he's probably the easiest fit.

The poor bastard has never been handed the keys to a club where he might be able to show off his talents, if he has any.

The poor bastard has never been handed the keys to a club where he might be able to show off his talents, if he has any.
I thought he was given a pretty decent chance to show his wares as a coach at parra back in the day didn't he??

I can't recall the state of their squad at the time, but I think he completely shit the bed with them... he came out of the storm system and tried to replicate what they were doing but it just didn't work.

I don't think he's ever really had a style other than trying to be a wannabe storm. He seems a good man manager as he was able to get those kiwi international teams up and competitive against stronger Australian sides, but his teams aren't defensive or attacking juggernauts and at the warriors he didn't really do much with their roster except let SJ go and then give overs to anyone they could tempt across the tasman.

I think he was brought into the warriors and it was thought that he would be able to really utilise the vast amount of kiwi talent off the back of being a NZ test coach, but he didn't really do all that great a job of bringing any of their juniors through. He did get RTS and now Tohu over, and also got Issac over whilst he was kiwi hooker... so I think there was an attempt at creating a kiwi flavour in the team, but what happened to all the 20's players that dominated the NYC.

It would be great if their next coach is able to create a really strong development and pathways system for their club and not try to create an aussie expats team based out of New Zealand.

Their next coach also needs to be good at turning juniors into first graders and from that sense Griffin may be suitable.

He did an ok job at making the 08 generation into a first grade team even if they didn't quite make it to the levels that were anticipated, and also did a good job of bringing a heap of juniors through at Panthers, turning them into a competitive team. In both instances he was punted before he could see the job through.

There's also the connection with Redcliffe now established.

Actually thinking about it Griffin could be a good fit for warriors despite not being a kiwi

Last edited:
I thought he was given a pretty decent chance to show his wares as a coach at parra back in the day didn't he??

I can't recall the state of their squad at the time, but I think he completely shit the bed with them... he came out of the storm system and tried to replicate what they were doing but it just didn't work.

I don't think he's ever really had a style other than trying to be a wannabe storm. He seems a good man manager as he was able to get those kiwi international teams up and competitive against stronger Australian sides, but his teams aren't defensive or attacking juggernauts and at the warriors he didn't really do much with their roster except let SJ go and then give overs to anyone they could tempt across the tasman.

I think he was brought into the warriors and it was thought that he would be able to really utilise the vast amount of kiwi talent off the back of being a NZ test coach, but he didn't really do all that great a job of bringing any of their juniors through. He did get RTS and now Tohu over, and also got Issac over whilst he was kiwi hooker... so I think there was an attempt at creating a kiwi flavour in the team, but what happened to all the 20's players that dominated the NYC.

It would be great if their next coach is able to create a really strong development and pathways system for their club and not try to create an aussie expats team based out of New Zealand.

Their next coach also needs to be good at turning juniors into first graders and from that sense Griffin may be suitable.

He did an ok job at making the 08 generation into a first grade team even if they didn't quite make it to the levels that were anticipated, and also did a good job of bringing a heap of juniors through at Panthers, turning them into a competitive team. In both instances he was punted before he could see the job through.

There's also the connection with Redcliffe now established.

Actually thinking about it Griffin could be a good fit for warriors despite not being a kiwi

I have never rated Parra as anything above rabble, honestly.

I don't blame him for the Warriors at all. It's the Warriors always have a fuckwit CEO, or a tosser owner, or both if they're lucky.

The club has always been a shambles, and I'm certain it will forever remain that way. The current CEO is an absolute friggin halfwit, and I'm certain the way he's conducted himself at times in regards to bagging players in the media hasn't helped at all.

I don't really rate him as a coach, but I think he could have done better at a club with better structure and support. Something both his clubs haven't had.

I don’t want them to get Griffin, I want him back at the Broncos, there I said it.

reports have been coming out that some Warriors players my choose to sit out their match against the Storm because of the club sacking Kearney.

some may also choose to temporarily return to NZ (which means they would likely miss multiple matches, if the need to isolate upon returning to Australia)

reports have been coming out that some Warriors players my choose to sit out their match against the Storm because of the club sacking Kearney.

some may also choose to temporarily return to NZ (which means they would likely miss multiple matches, if the need to isolate upon returning to Australia)
I don't blame them, good coach or not, he sacrificed a lot to have his team here for the season and its a kick in the guts to sack him now.

Broncs play the Warriors in 2 weeks time...might be able to get a win now.

Broncs play the Warriors in 2 weeks time...might be able to get a win now.

Brisbane will still manage to find a way to lose the penalty count against a team that forfeits.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.