NEWS Storm attempt to buy Broncos???

Singleton/Magic Millions took a bath when they tried to muscle News. Singo wanted to get to 51% and own the Broncos- he ended up with 9% and News went to 68% and it cost him.

Yeah this isn't happening. If anything at all, it's sabre rattling from Melbourne to try and shake us off Bellyache, and with the gutless wonders at the top of our club, it's likely to work.

the big difference is that their coach and CEO is gettable ... our club isn't.

News Corp have never held any interest in selling their stake in us. probably because their chairman is a massive Broncos fan, and $55 million is pocket change to Lachlan Murdoch

At best Tripp and his mates could become the minority shareholder ... which I highly doubt is what they want.
Yeah it’s proved really gettable in the past 🙄

Yeah it’s proved really gettable in the past 🙄

before we were trying to get Bellamy as a coach ... going with a different role this time.

and it sounds like we may have landed Donaghy as everything has gone quiet on the CEO front

besides even if we don't land either of those guys, they are still more gettable than Tripp has of getting the controlling share of the Broncos from News Corp

Its likely all BS but its also typical in the business world for tyre kickers offers to come in to struggling businesses. Just ask any suffering VRL holders atm...

Last edited:
Smokescreen.. pure and simple.
Yeah i think this is a story generated by the storm, to shift focus from potentially distracting issues/stories about their team (i.e. what is smith and bellamy doing etc.).

Last edited:

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Organix
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RolledOates
  • Manifesto
  • leon.bott
  • Brocko
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.