NEWS Sunday Mail: Fifita still dithering

We are in trouble, Dobbo on the radio today confirmed Fifita will re-sign. Also said they are already well into negotiations....but then it will be finalised in a few months?

We are in trouble, Dobbo on the radio today confirmed Fifita will re-sign. Also said they are already well into negotiations....but then it will be finalised in a few months?

Don’t you all he was leaving.

For those saying David isn’t grateful for what the club did for him and doesn’t feel like he owes them. He said in an interview after he got home that he was grateful for what the club did to get him out of that situation. And in his most recent interview he said he wants to repay the club. If you don’t feel like you owe someone, why would you feel like you have to repay them? Doesn’t make much sense.

All this crap about the game being a business and exploring his options and do what’s best for him blah blah blah. Typical scripted stuff said during contract negotiations. Go through media reports from other clubs, you will see the same shit being said over and over again.

People are overreacting to what’s being said and letting their emotion get the better of them.

I think even the great D Lockyer might have said it during his peak contract years and he was never leaving.

I think even the great D Lockyer might have said it during his peak contract years and he was never leaving.

The great D Lockyer never got bailed out of a Bali prison cell by the club and responded by insisting it was something they had to do either.

The great D Lockyer never got bailed out of a Bali prison cell by the club and responded by insisting it was something they had to do either.

And that’s true but the point is, saying stuff like that when negotiations are ongoing are not unheard of. Just hold off on judgment for now. If he does leave, go for your life.

And that’s true but the point is, saying stuff like that when negotiations are ongoing are not unheard of. Just hold off on judgment for now. If he does leave, go for your life.

My issue is with him saying they had to do that and not showing an ounce of gratitude, not that he said it’s a business etc etc. Go for your life, say all that shit but don’t disrespect the club that went above and beyond for you. It is perfectly possible to say both. “I will also be grateful for what the did for me over there, but I can’t let the come into this decision as it’s a business etc etc.”

My issue is with him saying they had to do that and not showing an ounce of gratitude, not that he said it’s a business etc etc. Go for your life, say all that shit but don’t disrespect the club that went above and beyond for you. It is perfectly possible to say both. “I will also be grateful for what the did for me over there, but I can’t let the come into this decision as it’s a business etc etc.”

He’s also 19 and a league player, these guys are not usually your most gifted and thoughtful of speakers. Yes, there are some exceptions.

Sure, you can say that right now sitting in front of a keyboard with composure and time up your sleeve to think things through, but Fifita would hardly be the first person to present poorly in front of a microphone or to come across in a way that he didn't intend to during an interview. He's 19 years old remember.

I suspect there is fair chance his manager and the club have both instructed him to play down the Bali incident and any involvement from the Broncos to avoid unnecessary pressure or scrutiny from outsiders who would love to put the spotlight on the place and on this deal.

If he didn't convey that instruction in a way that appeased the Broncos fan base, then so be it, but I don't think our feelings are the priority here. If I'm wrong, and he leaves and he meant what he said, then I'm happy to eat my words and I'll be just as disappointed too, but there are so many external factors at play that I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Last edited:
Anyone able to summarise the DT article where Fifita reportably rejects souffs “mind-blowing offer”
I’m keen for a chuckle

Anyone able to summarise the DT article where Fifita reportably rejects souffs “mind-blowing offer”
I’m keen for a chuckle
Short story:
Badel plucked a figure out of thin air and came up with a five year deal worth 1.2 mill a year.

Last edited:
He need a good season to keep our talent, it's all it comes down to.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Alec
  • Volvo Driver
  • Painin the Haas
  • Johnny92
  • The Strapper
  • Bish
  • Mister Wright
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lurker
  • azza.79
  • bazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Big Del
  • achievedrap
  • Allo
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.