Super League

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
I don't know if we already have a thread for this but who cares.
Matt Parcell scored a hat trick last night
And Greg Eden has a got a hat trick of hat tricks, 3 hat tricks in the last 3 games

I think the Eden hat trucks illustrates the quality of the comp.

Thing is with Super league, its very open and very attack minded compared to the NRL. They dont seem to have the focus on defence like over here.

I don't care if you think Super League is a lower level, You really have to appreciate this from Greg Eden

Who is the leading try-scorer in rugby league this year?

Well obviously in the NRL it is Canberra’s Jordan Rapana who has posted 14 tries in 14 games this season.

But if you haven’t caught up with the Super League season lately, let me tell you about Greg Eden at Castleford.

What an endorsement for UK players coming to Australia to further their skills. Eden played a lot of Intrust Super Cup last year but managed to nab one try in his six NRL appearances with the Broncos.

Wind the clock forward and, after his latest five-try haul at the weekend, Eden has taken his Super League tally to 30 tries in 18 games. He is on course for a record-breaking season. 40 tries is the number to beat.

If you include a recent Challenge Cup fixture, Eden has five hat-tricks in his last six games. Wow!

http://www.nrl.com/voss-what-happened-to-loyalty/tabid/10874/newsid/108884/default.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Eden hat trucks illustrates the quality of the comp.

I think it illustrates how boring the NRL is compared to the English Super League.

I'm not so sure there is an emphasis on attacking football over there. I just think their match officials have a tighter control on the game.

There's liberal use of the sin bin for illegal tackles and foul play. Here we have blatant shoulder charges "put on report." Yeah that's cracking down on the problem and a few minutes later a grown man will be binned for slapping.

IMO, defense is the only part of the game where we have our noses in front - because we've let the wrestle blight our game for a decade.

Compare that to our comp with a recent example...how bout that Sharks Storm game the other day? That was quality. A quality grub-a-thon. May the scummiest team who takes advantage of a weak-willed ref win.

I think it illustrates how boring the NRL is compared to the English Super League.

I'm not so sure there is an emphasis on attacking football over there. I just think their match officials have a tighter control on the game.

There's liberal use of the sin bin for illegal tackles and foul play. Here we have blatant shoulder charges "put on report." Yeah that's cracking down on the problem and a few minutes later a grown man will be binned for slapping.

IMO, defense is the only part of the game where we have our noses in front - because we've let the wrestle blight our game for a decade.

Compare that to our comp with a recent example...how bout that Sharks Storm game the other day? That was quality. A quality grub-a-thon. May the scummiest team who takes advantage of a weak-willed ref win.
The standard might be a bit lower but the ESL is run much better than the NRL. I tune into it every opportunity I get. It is a good comp.

No HIA in SL? How was he able to stay on the field? Must be hard to tell if Greg Bird is concussed or not.

No HIA in SL? How was he able to stay on the field? Must be hard to tell if Greg Bird is concussed or not.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Greg Eden suffered a potential season ending shoulder injury

Not super league but this happened in April in the French competition. Guy got a lifetime ban, obviously.

Not super league but this happened in April in the French competition. Guy got a lifetime ban, obviously.

And NRL players get one match bans for touching referees..
They don't police that rule anymore, I've seen heaps of ref touches lately

Anger Management Issues are us

I don't know if we already have a thread for this but who cares.
Matt Parcell scored a hat trick last night
And Greg Eden has a got a hat trick of hat tricks, 3 hat tricks in the last 3 games

I see both made the 2017 Super League Dream Team...for whatever thats worth

Good to see Parcell doing well. I'd like to see if we could entice him back here.....?

Parcell has been effective going forward having scored 17 tries and creating another 16 and in defence has excelled with a staggering 1018 tackles - a number that's only been topped by Ryan Hinchcliffe, Jon Wilkin and Danny Houghton.

Hmmm....a dummy half who can attack AND defend. Sounds nice.

It's funny. Soon people will talk about how Greg Eden failed over here and how successful Parcell has been in the same sentence.

There seems to be a pretty big difference between English backs and forwards. The latter are actually often good in comparrison.

IMG 3031

Leeds won.

Thanks for the spoiler alert there.

Unread

Active Now

• Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Morkel
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • bazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.