Suspended Round 3 - Titans vs Broncos

If Boyd, McCullough, Bird and Milford were all off our books, not only could we retain that side pretty comfortably, we probably have the funds to go to market for a strong spine player (possibly a Fullback - Ponga etc).

You're probably talking in excess of $2.5 million worth of salary cap in those 4 guys alone.

I've said all along that Ponga is the guy I'd be throwing the cheque book at. I wouldn't even think twice about effectively swapping him for Milf.

I've said all along that Ponga is the guy I'd be throwing the cheque book at. I wouldn't even think twice about effectively swapping him for Milf.
I can't see it being a straight swap. I think Ponga will cost the other side of a million bucks a year, while Milf should stay under that mark. That said, I'd be happy to see us pay the difference. If Milford is going to cost us a similar amount to Ponga then I agree it's a no brainer who I'd prefer.

Aside from just the football, which in any case I think Ponga already offers more and is likely to only widen that gap as he matures, the kid is just super marketable and will put bums on seats and encourage sponsors to open up their chequebooks, which in the near to medium future is likely to be a very real consideration for a business like ours.

The Broncos haven't honestly had a highly marketable and talented star like that probably since Lockyer, and for a flagship organisation like ours, we really need to do something to change that.

Last edited:
Just seen on couiermail that Fifita looks at be having early return. Anyone be able to post the article?

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • MrTickyMcG
  • kman
  • Kev_Guz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  • Rambstien
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fozz
  • Bish
  • BroncosAlways
  • HarryAllan7
  • Battler
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.