T20 Internationals vs England

• Thread starter Major JW Hochstetter
  • Start date
M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
The squad for the two games against the Poms has been named today, including the news that Clarke has retired from T20s. Cam White is the new skipper and Tim Paine is the VC.

Warner
Watson
White
Dussey
Finch
Smith
Paine
O'Keefe
Johnson
Lee
Pattinson
Tait

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/c ... 95742.html

20/20 is still a massive gimmick for me.

I'll probably watch it, but I'll never take it seriously.

Russo said:
No Hodge [icon_non

Who does he have to blow to get a game? Seriously if the selectors dont pick him in this format they really have dropped their bundle

Horrible looking bowling line up. WOuld have given Johnson a rest and Tait is bowling trash at the moment and is so over-rated.

ningnangnong said:
20/20 is still a massive gimmick for me.

I'll probably watch it, but I'll never take it seriously.

Ditto. Except the probably watch it bit.

Can't get over the fact that Dan Christian has been left out. Made the t20 squads last year, and by far and away the form player in the short forms of the game this year (Hodge's early season blast aside).

As they say, the rot starts at the top...

Agreed on Christian, I was surprised he didn't get selected. Can't believe Johnson is in the squad surely he should be rested at the very least.

So close the other night, but it was our own fault.

Brilliant game from Watson and thoroughly deserved Man of the Match, by far. Single-handedly kept us in the game.

Dussey became the new Clarke - a big reason why we lost IMO, including our rubbish running between the wickets. So many potential twos were kept to lazy and/or hesitant ones. Not to mention the amount of dot balls hit straight back down the friggen pitch.

Brett Lol, after all these years, still can't help himself from bowling full tosses.

Tait is falling away a lot more in his action again and thus was back to his shyte(r) ways.

England's bowlers are nothing special whatsoever as far as individual talent goes, but the difference is that they are 100 times more disciplined than we are, sans Watson.

And Bell should buy about 10 lottery tickets, fair dinkum [icon_non

We lost that game twice imo. Once when hussey was only looking to hit singles and when lee bowled that hopeless 2nd last over. The team balance is hopeless. Paine needs to open or not be in the side imo. I would have watson at 3. I still reckon tait is useless. Lee had a shocker but is proven and will get better

Like Tait, Lee is more likely to go the distance in T20s if the pitch isn't quick. His other big problem is that his bad balls will always go for 4 or 6 (or extras), and it only takes one boundary to stuff up an otherwise decent over. I agree that he'll likely improve a bit, I think he'll do OK in the ODIs if he gets a game. Certainly no worse than the others and an experienced bowler will help.

I also agree re: Paine. That was ridiculous what they did the other night. If you don't have any faith in your No. 3 to tonk some quick runs in a T20, then why the hell is he there at all? Play him or punt him.

I just don't believe channel 9 could not put the cricket on Gem tonight so we could get it live. What is the point of a 1 hour delay? We deserve live sport not delayed garbage. [icon_thumbs_do Yes Dussey is trash and wow how good has White been since he took up the captaincy [icon_evillaugh

Yeah it's pretty s**t wish they would have shown it on GEM.

Paine is looking good early, Warner isn't doing much for me given this is supposed to be his domain - he isn't striking them off the middle.

And [icon_lol1. @ DHuss, honestly is there a more overated cricketer going at the moment? Geez he's ordinary.

So are you blokes still watching the Aussie innings? In that case I'll shut my gob. Friggen Nine.

I'm watching it but also keeping up with the live scores through the CA website.

It's bloody annoying though.

Good to see Johnson get Bell, Smith just got out in our coverage.

Good bowling from johnson and watson.... Good win

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • upthebroncs
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • Hoof Hearted
  • teampjta
  • Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.