T20 World Cup Discussion

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Tournament doesn't begin until October 2020, but I'm always keen to predict some line-ups. It will take place in Australia, so it should be a pretty hype tournament with a lot of runs scored.

Confirmed teams are Australia, New Zealand, England, India, South Africa, Pakistan, West Indies, Afghanistan - The remaining 4 spots will be filled from a pre-tournament group stage including Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Oman, Papua New Guinea, Ireland, Scotland, Netherlands & Namibia.

We'll start with Australia, I think the line-up pretty much picks itself, with a few spots left up for grabs.

1. David Warner
2. Aaron Finch (c)
3. D'Arcy Short
4. Steve Smith
5. Glenn Maxwell
6. Alex Carey
7. Ashton Agar
8. Pat Cummins
9. Mitchell Starc
10. Kane Richardson
11. Adam Zampa

Bold = 🔒

The number 3 spot is still up for grabs, D'Arcy gets first crack at cementing his spot in the XI after being called in to the ODI squad to tour India next week, other likely candidates include Chris Lynn, Travis Head, Shaun Marsh, Usman Khawaja, Callum Ferguson, Peter Handscomb, Ben McDermott, Josh Philippe & Marnus Labuschagne.

The all-rounder spot would have to be up for debate as well, it may also depend on the wicket, Agar has been very reliable with the ball for the last 24 months in the T20 format, and his batting is underrated, clean striker of the ball. If we're looking at potential batting all-rounder options we need to mention guys like Marcus Stoinis, Mitchell Marsh & Ashton Turner - If we're looking at other bowling all-rounder options it has to be guys like Sean Abbott, Michael Neser & James Faulkner.

The final spot that is likely to be up for grabs is the 4th front-line bowling option, there is a LOT of options available of this one, but Kane Richardson has improved a considerable amount over the last 2 years and would have to be considered a soft lock for that spot, other options, in no particular order, would include James Pattinson, Josh Hazlewood, Jhye Richardson, Riley Meredith, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Ben Dwarshuis, Daniel Sams, Andrew Tye, Peter Siddle, Jason Behrendorff & Billy Stanlake.

I’m gonna go a little radical:

1. Warner
2. Finch
3. Lynn
4. Smith
5. Maxwell/Turner
6. M.Marsh
7. Carey
8. Starc
9. Cummins
10. Green
11. Ahmed

I’m gonna go a little radical:

1. Warner
2. Finch
3. Lynn
4. Smith
5. Maxwell/Turner
6. M.Marsh
7. Carey
8. Starc
9. Cummins
10. Green
11. Ahmed

Is that Chris Green? Not a bad player, just think Agar offers more as a finger spinner & batsman.

Fawad is honestly not a bad shout, he's aging like a fine wine, still impossible to pick. I'd have him as the next best wrist spin option after Zampa. Ahead of guys like Swepson, Boyce & Pope.

Is that Chris Green? Not a bad player, just think Agar offers more as a finger spinner & batsman.

Fawad is honestly not a bad shout, he's aging like a fine wine, still impossible to pick. I'd have him as the next best wrist spin option after Zampa. Ahead of guys like Swepson, Boyce & Pope.

Yeah Chris Green, he is very internationally experienced now. I would actually like to take a punt on Pope, he has a very good array of deliveries. He’s one to watch but not ready yet.

Yeah Chris Green, he is very internationally experienced now. I would actually like to take a punt on Pope, he has a very good array of deliveries. He’s one to watch but not ready yet.

Pope has been significantly better this season, I was worried about his future last season, but he's mixing it up really well this year.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Horseheadsup
  • Dash
  • Brocko
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Lozza
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Scorchie
  • Fitzy
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • bazza
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.